Use the Xbox 360 software for laptop
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Eng, VisiHow, DeleteQnA
Your Laptop has a high resolution (1280 X 800) screen for excellent graphics. It would be a wish come true, and a fun experience if you could just play games using your Xbox 360 console on it, right? Wouldn't it be great to have the best of both worlds? The only catch is that you must be willing to fork out a little money at your nearby electronics store. Expect to invest between $20 to $120 for a USB video capture card (VCC). The types of connections and cables are also important in deciding how you will hook up your Xbox 360 to your Laptop. They will be discussed here briefly so that you can decide what cable and connection is best for your gaming enjoyment. Then read on because you can connect your Xbox 360 games console to your Laptop in four easy steps.
There are three types of VCC connections, each connecting to your Laptop in its own way. They are the:
- 1The Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) connects to your computer motherboard. Most desktop computers have a slot for a capture card. However, you must check if your Laptop has a slot for one.PCIe.
- 2The Universal Serial Bus (USB) is an external connection on nearly all laptops today. It is very convenient for a VCC connection.USB.
- 3This is much like the USB connection because it is an external connector. The difference is that it is specialized for custom made and Mac computers.Thunderbolt.
Do you want high definition or standard video resolution?
If you want high definition video resolution (HD), the cable must be different than for standard video (S). There are two types for each to choose from for your Xbox360:
- Component (1080i)
- High Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI (1080p)
- Composite (480i and 576i)
- S-Video (480i and 576i)
Four easy steps for the VCC connection
- 1You must install the driver for it, which is offered by the installation CD that came with your video capture card. It will also be available at the manufacturer's website. There is a wide range of video capture cards, so ensure that you buy the right one from the electronics store. Many are external USB devices that conveniently plug into your Laptop.Connect the video capture card to your Laptop.
- 2It has the same color coded input jacks as on the back of your TV. There should be an audio right (red), audio left (white), and a video (yellow) cord from your games console to plug into the card. If your Laptop is compatible, you can use a high definition HDMI or Component cord.Connect the color coded audio-video (AV) cords from your Xbox 360 to your video capture card.
- 3If one did not come with your capture card, go online and download one of the free VCC programs.Once your Xbox 360 games console is connected, start your video capture card program from the installation CD.
- 4Once completed, your wish for games on the high-resolution Laptop screen has come true. Have fun!When you turn on the Xbox console, the 360 Xbox startup procedure will be presented on your Laptop screen.
Questions and Answers
How can I connect Xbox to laptop?
Can I connect Xbox to laptop with HDMI and use a video capture software to play games. I have tried: Connect Xbox to laptop with HDMI and turned it on. I think it was caused by: Don't know
You need a laptop with an HDMI input. You are probably trying to connect your Xbox to an HDMI output. From most recent laptops, there is a Alienware 18 Gaming Laptop that supports HDMI input.
If you cannot afford that, you may purchase a product like EasyCap, which has a USB connector for your laptop and an S-Video input with two audio inputs. This device will allow you to capture video and sound from your Xbox onto your laptop. You may also need an S-Video cable if you do not have one.
We want to play Xbox 360 games on PC?
We want to play Xbox 360 games on PC.............
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : XBOX
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Eng, Jerry Rivers