Use the Notification and Quick Setting Panel on Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Nuance
Working with a mobile phone that is packed with different features and applications is not easy when you have to memorize all the options you need to go through just to adjust a simple setting. It's a good thing that mobile technology offers simple solutions that give us easy access to the settings we use most frequently. In this VisiHow article we will discuss how to maximize Samsung Galaxy S3's Notification and Quick Setting Panel to help you access the settings you need - with just a few taps of your fingertips.
Commonly Used Settings
Accessing the Notification Panel
Swipe from the top of the screen down to slide down the notification panel.
Adding and Removing Options in the Notification Panel
On the notification panel, you can turn the brightness adjustment on/off and select the quick settings buttons that you want to appear on the notification bar.
- 1To turn brightness adjustment on/off, just tap on the tick box on the right side.Advertisement
Choosing your Quick Setting Buttons
- 1Tap and drag the buttons that you want to remove from the "Notification Panel" to the "Available" buttons area below.
- 2Do the same thing with the buttons you wish to enable from the "Available" buttons up to the Notification Panel above.
The Notification Bar
- 1After you set your quick buttons up, go back to your home screen.
- To adjust your phone's brightness, scroll down the screen to your notification bar and slide the green bar to the left if you want to lessen the brightness and to the right if you want to add brightness. This is located beside the brightness symbol.
- For auto adjustment of brightness, put a tick in the box that says "Auto".