Use the Kids Store in Samsung Kids Mode
Edited by Grimm, Crystal, Eng, Jen M
You're watching VisiHow. Today we're going to show you how to use the Kids Store in Kids Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5 and S5 Mini.
- 5Kids mode launches to the main home window where your child's applications are all listed. If you drag your finger down you can stretch the icons out a bit and they spring back up. You can move over to the left side by swiping right, where you can see the crocodile with his lovely little sunflower hat because that's the way my child decided to dress him.
- 11If you have clicked the update button, you'll see a quick window popped up and you were supposed to click on something but you couldn't. You can do one of two things here, thing one is you can wait. Thing two is you can press the back button on the bottom. If you've disabled the back button, tapping Kids Store won't do anything. You'll simply have to wait, or you can press the home button. If you press the back button it will just take you back to the home screen, the same thing the home button would do. Go back into your parental controls, enter your PIN, go back to the Kids Store, this time select Not Now. Now we will see a disclaimer window. The disclaimer window will block your ability to update until you have accepted it. There is a bug in the Samsung system which has not yet been fixed, maybe it will be fixed in the future, maybe not, we'll see. Tap the box next to Do not show again. Then tap OK.
- 12Now we are in the Kids Store. Press the home button to take us back, now press on parental controls again. Enter your PIN, go back to the Kids Store, and tap update. Now you can see that our update has begun to download which is what we wanted. Hopefully, this will help some of you that were unable to update the Kids Store.
- 13Our download has finished, the installation will begin. I can either use my mobile security or my package installer. I'm going to tap on package installer and I'm going to tap on Just once. The reason I'm tapping just once is because I've read a lot of tutorials. In your case, you will want to use the package installer unless you have a very good reason for using a mobile security app like Avast.
- 14It will ask, "Do you want to install an update to this existing application? Your existing data will not be lost. The updated application will get access to:" No new permissions are required. You can tap on all to see what it currently has access to, new shows you what it asks you for now. Tapping either of these buttons doesn't do anything other than changing the display. The button you need to press is down here on the bottom, Install. It's going to start installing the Kids Store. The Kids store will slowly be installed to your phone.
- 22This is the Lego Juniors Quest. As I mentioned before, it takes a very long time to load in things from the Samsung Store. It just takes a while, you can always visit the Google Play Store and download applications and add them to Kids Mode as well, it is not only restricted to this. Tap on install.
- 25I can continue going back, for example, pressing the X, or I can just skip that whole thing and I can press the home button. This will take us back to the main page of Kids Mode. The strange thing you're going to notice here is that the app automatically installed to the top instead of installing to the bottom. Your child is going to have to scroll up to see it, but that's fine. If you are running an older version of Kids Mode, it's not going to automatically install, you're going to have to install it yourself.
- 27Then, when the Touch Wiz interface allows you, which may take a minute, you'll be able to tap on the new application and install it. You can see here, Juniors Quest is already installed. I could, however, press the plus button, then accept the pop-up, and then I could add it in. In this case, I'll just use the example of adding another Angry Birds. Then tap done.
- 31That's it, we have now successfully added an application to the Kids Mode, using the Kids Store. Thanks for choosing VisiHow, have a great day.
Video: Use the Kids Store in Samsung Kids Mode
There is no user reviews.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng, Crystal, Grimm