Use an exhaust powered air cushion car jack
Edited by Jonathan, Lynn, Charmed, Joely and 2 others
The air cushion car jack is an idea whose time has come. When buying a new vehicle it will usually come with the basic tools needed for tire repair including a hydraulic or mechanical car jack. The problem with a hydraulic of mechanical car jack, is that to avoid your car being unstable while you repair your tire you can only use these jacks on a very level ground and in some cases will still need to further stabilize your vehicle using a rock under the tire. This is not the case with an inflatable air cushion car jack. The inflatable air cushion car jack is an item that has been around for quite some and can support a vehicle up to three tons even on a soft surface such as sand or snow, making it ideal for the non-mechanical kind of guy.
- 1 Instructions on how to use an air cushion car jack:
- 2 Questions and Answers
- 3 Comments
- 4 User Reviews
Instructions on how to use an air cushion car jack:
- 1Park your vehicle in a safe position away from other oncoming vehicles and turn off the ignition.Advertisement
- 2Courteously ask all your passengers to get out of the car.Advertisement
- 3Position the jack under any supportable underpart of the car such as the middle carriage, the side or the wheel axle.
- 4Loosen without pulling out the nuts and bolts from the flat tire.
- 5Insert the hose coming out from the air cushion jack onto your car's exhaust pipe.
- 6Turn on your ignition. The gas from the exhaust will inflate the air cushion and the non-return valve will prevent deflation.
- 7Once the air cushion is inflated to where the tire is not in any way going to touch the ground, turn off your ignition.
- 8Remove the nuts and bolts and change the tire to the replacement tire.
- 9Loosely replace the nuts and bolts in the new tire.
- 10Deflate the air cushion slowly.
- 11Once your vehicle is firmly on the ground, tighten the nuts and the bolts on the tire and then pull out the deflated air cushion jack.
This jack is perfect for changing tires or mounting snow chains, as the vehicle can be raised in such a way as to make two wheels accessible for replacement at once. It can also lifts cars, trailers, caravans, etc. and has a hose length of usually five meters long. The air cushion jack is designed so that it will not damage the car paint.
Questions and Answers
Can you use an exhaust jack to change a tire if the car is on an angle on the side of the road?
If a car with a flat tire is at an angle to the road or is situated on a hilly part, an exhaust jack, or for that matter, a conventional mechanical tire jack, cannot safely be used to change the flat tire. The main purpose of any jack is to lift the vehicle off the ground, not to put the vehicle in place firmly. It would be wobbly and unstable to change tires on an uneven surface. Move the vehicle to flatter grounds before using the exhaust jack.
No, if the car is on an angle and is in danger of being tossed over you will need to not use an air jack or any other jack until the car is level. Try your best to position the car in a way that it will not be in danger of tipping over while trying to change the tire. An exhaust jack will apply more strength to the lifting of the car which will cause it to make the car tip over more than a traditional jack.
Can I use an exhaust jack to level a caravan?
It is OK to use an exhaust jack to level a caravan. However, you need to make sure that you are doing this on a solid and sturdy ground. If not, not only it will rather difficult to use, you also become prone to instability and some accidents.
How did you came with the idea of making such vehicles?
How did you came with the idea of making such vehicles
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Automotive
Recent edits by: Eng, Joely, Charmed