Use a Christian Dating Service Paid Sites vs Free Sites vs For Seniors ... and 1 more
Edited by Kathy McGraw
North American Christians represent between 75 and 77 percent of the population, so you'd think that any two people who are strong in their faith would have no trouble meeting each other and getting together. Yet, as lives grow busier, with more time dedicated to working than anything else, it turns out that it's not as easy as it might appear at first glance. Luckily, online dating has lost a lot of the stigma it used to have, and with that decline, the number of dating sites on the Internet has grown over the last twenty years. Among the dating sites, there are fortunately a good many that are dedicated to Christian singles, some that are even Christian-owned-and-operated.
Method 1: Paid Sites
Your faith is important to you so it should be important to the person you are dating, right? Here is a list of dating sites, most of which cater to Christians only, and some that have a strong Christian presence. We have tried to indicate which sites are Christian-owned, as well, if that's important to you.
- 1ChristianMingle is one of the larger dating sites that cater to the Christian community and is among the most diverse. Creating a profile and browsing for other Christian singles is free, but accessing other features requires a paid membership. When you create your profile, you will be asked a series of questions which will be used as the criteria for matching you to other members.ChristianMingle.com.Advertisement
- 2ChristianCafe.com is one of the oldest Christian dating sites on the Internet and is one of the few that is owned and operated by real Christians. It boasts 25,000 marriages to date and caters to a diverse range of denominations. One feature that sets ChristianCafe.com apart from other dating sites is that it offers a free introductory trial during which time you have access to everything the site has to offer, including communicating with other singles.ChristianCafé.com.Advertisement
- 3MarryWell.org is a Christian dating site owned and operated by three Christian couples with experience in marriage and family counseling. More than most other dating sites, MarryWell is focused on encouraging long-term relationships that lead to marriage. MarryWell has two levels of membership: the basic membership is free and allows you to receive relationship advice, view other singles' profiles, and create your own. Premium membership entitles you to everything a basic membership provides, plus the ability to connect with other singles.MarryWell.org.
- 4Founded by Dr. Neil Clark Warren, a marriage and family therapist, eHarmony matches singles based on "29 Dimensions of Compatibility." eHarmony boasts that it is responsible for 4 percent of U.S. marriages as noted in a 2012 Harris Interactive poll and claims to have a diverse membership. Christians are well-represented among its user base, and the site has robust filters for religion and the importance it plays.eHarmony.
- 5ChristianConnection is a large dating site for Christian singles only where you can find like-minded men and women for dating, romance, and marriage. ChristianConnection operates in a similar manner as other dating sites in that it's free to join and check out the profiles of other singles, but for anything more, you need a paid membership.ChristianConnection.com.
- 6ChristianCupid is a member of the Cupid network of dating sites. It caters to Christians of all denominations and registration is free. While you can browse for free, you can't communicate with other singles unless you upgrade from a free to a paid membership. Another plus feature of this site is that you can use your Facebook credentials to log in, which leaves you with one less password to remember!ChristianCupid.com.
- 7Match.com has been around for over twenty years and matches people based on the preferences they indicate in their profile. Like eHarmony, many Christian singles use this site because it has filters for religion and how important it is in its member's lives. Free to register and browse, you must pay to contact other singles and participate in other features.Match.com.
Method 2: Free Sites
Just as with the paid sites above, the list of free dating websites we've compiled below target Christians or are useful for Christians in finding suitable matches online. Again, we have tried to indicate sites that are run by Christians where possible.
- 2ChristianDatingForFree (CDFF) is a large completely free Christian dating website. Funded by donations, all of the features of this site are always free to use, including connecting with other singles. Log in with your Facebook credentials and don't worry about having to remember yet another username and password combination. Another plus is that unlike a lot of free dating websites, CDFF uses a secure connection so you can feel secure about your privacy.ChristianDatingForFree.com.
- 4Cmatch is a completely free Christian dating website that is owned and operated by Christians. It's free to make a profile and connect with other Christian singles in your area or around the world. You can also rest assured that your personal information is safe because the site operates on a secure connection.Cmatch.com.
- 5PlentyOfFish uses a "chemistry test" comprised of series of questions about you and your preferences to match you with other singles. The test measures five areas of personality and then selects matches who most closely align with your personality. Beyond that, it has filters to select for religion, and you can state your preferences for dating other Christians in your profile.PlentyOfFish (pof.com).
- 6OkCupid is always free and has been around for a long time. Like other dating websites, it uses an algorithm to match singles based on the answers they give to questions during the sign-up process. There are filters for religion, which you can use to narrow down your choices to just those members who are professing Christians.OkCupid.com.
Method 3: For Seniors
You're never too old to find love, and older Christians need dating sites to find like-minded matches, too.
- 1OurTime .com is a dating site for singles age 50 and over and has many Christian members. You can create a profile and browse the other members' profiles for free, but to connect with anyone requires a subscription.OurTime.com.
Method 4: For Young People
Young love is a delight, but for many Christian young people, finding a suitable date is hard among the more worldly dating sites. Below are some options for Christian youth to find matches that share their faith.
- 1Zoosk.com is a dating site that's built to work in the mobile space; it has all of the latest social sharing features that the young people of today love. A sizeable percentage of Christian youth use this site, which matches people based on its proprietary behavioral matching algorithm. Signing up and browsing for other members is free, but if you want to connect with other people, you will have to pay a membership fee or pay in Zoosk coins.Zoosk.com.
- 3Mingle2.com has a section that's dedicated to young Christians. The other good thing about this site is that it is completely free to use, useful for those lean young years before you become more established.Mingle2.com.