Use Your Mobile Device During Runs or Walks
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Eng, Derek S
Getting outdoors for a run or a walk is usually fun, and good for your health. Have you ever wondered after a long walk or run in the great outdoors how far you have trekked, or just how fast you were travelling? A few years ago, buying a device to check your distance or speed would have been costly. However, thanks to the technology of the component GPS in a smart phone, you can find out these things quickly without paying for expensive, unwieldy equipment like in years past. With your smartphone GPS system, you can not only check your speed and mileage, but your location as well. Some of the devices have many other nifty fitness features. There are a few GPS system apps for smartphones; the Map My Run+ and the Map My Ride+. Both are award winning apps for fitness activity. It's only a few bucks at many sporting goods and mobile device stores.
Map My Ride/Run App
Map My Ride/Run allows you to use its GPS on any smartphone to track all your riding or running stats. On an interactive map that is very user-friendly, you can record, save and share your time, distance, pace, elevation, consumed calories, water intake, speed, and route you are taking. What's cool, too, is that you can easily save, and then upload all your exercise info to the Map My Ride/Run Record category in your My Profile. From there, you can see all the current route data. You can also check out your entire workout history. You can actually view the precise trail you have traveled, not only on the Map My Ride/Run device, but at the Map My Run or Map My Ride website. As you will see in the steps below on your Map My Ride/Run device, you have many applications for setting and recording goals. You will be able to stay in contact and share your running/riding experiences with friends.
The MapMyRun+ or MapMyRide+ is easy to use. The graphics, spacing and text are vivid and clear. On the touch screen of your mobile device there is a "box" on the upper right corner of your screen to tap so that you can log in.
- 1At the main page, there will be 'Find Friends Now!', and just below it are two choices, Record or Log.Advertisement
- 2Tap "Record" to show icons for: Profile, Routes, Workouts, Friends, Live, Nutrition, Settings, and Faq.Advertisement
- 3Tap "Log". You can record any kind of fitness data.
- 4Tap "My Profile". Here you can create your fitness site to share your goals and stats with fitness friends. For example, you can enter a description for the last run, total time, and total distance.
- 5Tap "My Goals". It reminds you of your set long-term mileage or other goals.
- 6Tap "My Stats" then "Your Routes". Below the heading of Your Routes is a menu of three choices: My Routes, Bookmarks, and Nearby, where you can record details of your runs, bike rides, etc.
- My Routes - Gives complete info: map, miles, how far the trail is from your home, date, etc.
- Bookmarks - See all your previous run/bike routes that you had bookmarked.
- Nearby - Here you can select a previous route that is near your home.
- 7Return to "My Profile" and tap "Workouts". There is a detailed listing of all your recorded runs or bike rides.
- 8At "My Profile", tap "Friends". Here you can find the list of your fitness friends, where you can find a companion to share a run or bike ride.
- 9At "My Profile", tap "Live". Contact and communicate with your fitness friends.
- 10At "My Profile", tap "Nutrition". Easily log your food and water intake and save for Stats. For the water consumption, you add the amounts in 8-oz increments with just a tap on an icon. It's a cool feature.
- 11At "My Profile", tap "Settings. There are many features on the menu, including a voice that lets you know when you have hit distance marks that you have preset. There are two social network site menu choices for Facebook and Twitter where you can send your logged info.
- 12At "My Profile", tap "Faq". This is a self-help category where there are common MapMyRun+ or MapMyRide+ questions with answers.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
To save your battery life, disable WiFi during your MapMyRide+/MapMyRun+ use.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Sports
Recent edits by: Eng, Jerry Rivers