Use Sources in Writing
Edited by Charmed, Eng, Ephraim, estrella sacragon and 2 others
When you are writing a project, research, article or anything else that needs to be submitted somewhere or published when you copy a phrase, sentence or quote someone's writing and ideas you need to give credit to the original author.
Format in citation differs, it depends on how are you exactly quoting and or writing. We are going to guide and give you an insight on how to cite properly.
You need to remember that when you are writing if you need to copy, phrase or quote someone's works you need to give the original author a credit because taking someone else's work as your own without crediting the original owner or author is plagiarism. Plagiarism is a serious offense and punishable by law.
Act of plagiarism
- 1If you copy words from the internet and then paste it to another site and or put it in writing in your paper without giving credit to the original author is plagiarism.Advertisement
- 2Handing over a writing or publishing someone else's writing or article is also an act of plagiarism.Advertisement
- 3Using a phrase of an author but without giving them credit or using them as your sources.
- 4Using words of an unnamed source is also plagiarism.
System of documentation when citing a source
- 1Parenthetical Citations. This is the system where you put the name of the source right after the sentence that you've used from the source.Advertisement
- 2Footnotes. This is the number that you can put right after the sentence or phrase that you've used from the source. Then below your paper or article You can put the matching number and then followed by the name of the source.
- 3End notes. This is what you usually find in the books those sources at the end of the book or at the end of the research paper. You compile all the sources at the back or in the end of your writing.
Styles in citing
- 1MLA (Modern Language Association). They do recommend that you underlined the title of the book in the citation.
- In this style it is recommended that you use the first and middle name of the author instead of using the full name.
- The author's name should be followed by the year of the book publication inside the parenthesis.
- With regards to capitalization you only need to capitalize the first letter word in the book title and the proper noun unlike the first two styles you have to capitalize each first letter of the word.
There is no user reviews.