Use Sound & Shot In Galaxy S4
Edited by Mohsin, Charmed, Eng, Leomar Umpad and 5 others
Samsung Galaxy S4 arrived with new and cool features, they filled it with almost everything one can ask from a Smartphone. Talking about media, Samsung Galaxy S4 was powered by a very cool, easy to use and awesome 13Mp camera with amazing features. These Features Include, Smart Shot, Auto Mode, Dual Shot, very clever Beauty Shot: it enhances the details on the face and put a mask of beauty on the skin only, if you have a mustache or a beard it won't work on those parts. One more is the Sound & Shot option, it allows you to take a photo along with recording a voice/sound for a few seconds, then when you will see the picture you will hear the sound as well. But make sure to record a clear voice otherwise someone will get the wrong meaning of something else. You can let the Mobile record a voice for you if there is any, or you will be given 6 seconds to record the voice.
- 1 Requirements
- 2 How to do it
- 3 Choose when to record sound
- 4 Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
- A Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Make sure to install Official ROM on it.
- Make sure the sound is clear.
- Don't make too many noises otherwise it won't record it.
How to do it
Choose when to record sound
In Sound and Shoot mode, you can choose to record the audio 9 seconds before the shot is taken, or 9 seconds after you took the picture. You can choose between the two mode of recording sounds by doing the following:
- Pre-shot. Pre-shot will record 9 seconds of audio input before you press the capture button.
- Post-shot. Post-shot will record 9 seconds of audio input after you press the capture button.
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
On editing pictures on Sound and Shot mode
- You can edit pictures that are taken on Sound and Shot mode by using Galaxy S4's built-in photo editor. If you do not know how to edit pictures, you can check on the VisiHow article on Edit Images on Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Edited pictures using the built-in photo editor will save another file with the edited pictures on it. The new file would still contain the sound of the original one.
- You can edit sound and shot pictures using third party applications but will only save the picture of the file; the sound file will not be included in saving.
- You cannot edit recorded audio on Sound and Shot images. You can only edit the pictures, not the sound.
On file compatibility on Sound and Shot mode
- Pictures taken on Sound and Shot mode will not be able to play audios on PC. When you transfer the Sound and Shot picture from your phone to your PC, it will only transfer the pictures, not the sound.
- Pictures taken on Sound and Shot mode can be transferred under this conditions and results:
- For transfers using WiFi direct, Send Files Wirelessly Using Bluetooth on Samsung Galaxy S4, Use S Beam on Samsung Galaxy S4, or Turn ON and Send Picture or Contacts using NFC on Samsung Galaxy S4, pictures will be transferred with sounds and will be played using a compatible device.
- For transfers using MMS or as a ChatON attachment, only pictures will be transferred; audio file is removed.
- For transfers using Gallery's share-to-ChatON feature, pictures and sound will be played as long as it is saved in the storage first.
- Only supported Galaxy devices will play the transferred Sound and Shot file. Devices on official Android version 4.3 and up of Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Note3 supports this kind of file.
- When you transfer Sound and Shot file to an unsupported device even if you transferred via acceptable methods, still, only the pictures will be shown.
Questions and Answers
Sound and shot, saving to PC from SD card?
Hi, how can I make sure when I save my SD card photos to my PC, that the sound and shot files are saved over with the sound and the shot all in one? Can I download a program that reads sound/shot files so my computer will recognize them and download them as sound and shot, rather than just a photo?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
How do I save "sound and shot " in my PC?
After I uploaded the (sound and shot) image the sound is not working on my PC
You can just copy the Sound & Shot JPG files to your computer. The sound is stored within them. To extract the sound, use SGS4 Audio Extractor by Accalio. Open the file and double-click "SGS4audiojpg.exe" within the archive. Then, select an input JPG file or files by clicking "Browse". Click "Extract files". Click "Quit". You will have audio files that you can play back by double-clicking them in File Explorer while watching the original JPG with any Windows image viewer.