Use Remote Access Software Using TeamViewer
Edited by Ermin, Eng, Lynn, Maria Quinney and 5 others
Remote access software is one of the best means of successful and enjoyable online collaboration with other people. At some point in your life, you may be having troubles with getting together with your colleagues to discuss a very important matter right away, especially when they're far away from you. But with remote access software, everything is possible. Showing a spontaneous virtual presentation, hosting an instant online meeting, and accessing one's computer or server remotely can be done anytime and anywhere. Today, I will be teaching you how to use remote access software using TeamViewer.
There are many features of TeamViewer, but in this page, I will be teaching you how to use the most important features of it. These include:
- Hosting an online meeting instantly
- Accessing one's computer remotely
- Screen sharing for online presentation
- 1 Downloading and installing TeamViewer
- 2 Hosting an online meeting instantly
- 3 Accessing one's computer remotely
- 4 Screen sharing for online presentation
- 5 TeamViewer paid versions
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 7 Comments
Downloading and installing TeamViewer
First off, you have to download TeamViewer.
- 1Go to http://teamviewer.com.Advertisement
- Now you have your own free version of TeamViewer.
- The free version is free for personal use.
Hosting an online meeting instantly
With TeamViewer, you don't even have to go out of your door to meet your colleagues and discuss something important. To host an online meeting right away, wherever you are, simply follow the steps below.
- 1Open TeamViewer.Advertisement
- 2Click "Meeting" and then "Start Instant Meeting".
- 3Invite a participant by clicking the "Invite" button.
- 4Click "open as e-mail".
This is what your participant has to do
- 2There's no need to download or install the software. All she or he needs to do is to run the set-up.Run the set-up.
- You may also schedule a meeting in advance. Follow the steps below:
- 1Open TeamViewer icon.
- 6Your participants will receive your invitation link once they open their emails. What they need to do next is to follow the steps above about joining the meeting.Click "send".
Accessing one's computer remotely
There are times that you may forget to transfer folders from your home PC to your Laptop, especially important folders that you may use for work. Or, there are times that your relatives may have computer issues that they can't fix on their own, and they may ask you to fix them, because they know that you are a computer whiz. Well, TeamViewer can help you do these things remotely without going out of your place. Just follow the steps below.
What your participant needs to do first
- 1Direct them to http://teamviewer.org.
What you have to do
- 1Open TeamViewer.
- 2Click "Remote Control Tab".
- 3Type in your partner's ID in the "Control remote computer".
Now you can access your partner's computer remotely, as if you were just sitting in front of his or her computer. You may even share files by dragging and dropping them from your computer to the remote server's window and vice versa.
Screen sharing for online presentation
- 1Open TeamViewer.
- 2Click "Start Instant Meeting".
- 3Invite participants.
- 4They will automatically see it once they're online.Once they are online, you may now do screen sharing.
- In order to create a successful online meeting and sharing files, I suggest you to get familiarized with the communication tools of TeamViewer. See image below.
- 2Conference call
- 3Voice over IP
- 5File box
With the communication tools, you may have a successful online interaction with your colleagues. Not only that you can share files and access a computer remotely, but also host an online meeting with video call and chatting features all in one software, TeamViewer.
TeamViewer paid versions
The good thing about the TeamViewer paid version is that it is a one-time payment. You are not required to pay monthly or annual fees. The free version is only good for personal use, and there are only a few features that you can use. If you are interested in purchasing TeamViewer, you may visit http://meeting.teamviewer.com/en/buy/ .
Questions and Answers
It is like tracing somebody's computer?
How we can connect to another computer.
Using TeamViewer is not like tracing somebody's computer. It's a collaboration tool that you can use to view and control another person's computer so you can contribute to a project that you're both working on. To learn how to connect to a team member's computer using TeamViewer, read the VisiHow article above.
"Join Remote Control Session" in Teamviewer?
If someone asked me to Join Remote Control Session in teamviewer and I gave them the code and password but did not hit Trustworthy, did they still get access to my computer?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.