Use Optical Reader to Detect and Translate Texts and QR codes Using the Camera on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Joely, Eng and 6 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 How to use the Optical Reader to Detect Texts on S4
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
Samsung Galaxy S4 can recognize text and extract information from pictures and QR codes using the camera. Even texts in different languages can be detected and translated into the language of your choice. These functions are made possible through Samsung Galaxy S4 optical reader. When set to auto mode, optical reader detects and translates texts in real time.
How to use the Optical Reader to Detect Texts on S4
- 6Once it detects the texts, it will give you options based on the detected text. In this example, the text detected is a link so Optical Reader gives an option to open the link using your browser, add the link to your favorites, or share the link to others.Optical Reader will then scan the data using your phone's camera.
- 12Certain icons may appear before an underlined text. It means that the application has detected the text as a linkAfter capturing, you will be taken to the capture result page, where all the texts that are detected will be underlined.
- 17From this example, the English word "support" has been translated into the Spanish word "apoyo". Tap on the "Speak" iconYou will now be shown the translation for your chosen text.
- 20You have just learned how to use Optical Reader to recognize text and translate them into other languages using your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Questions and Answers
Optical reader closes as soon as I open it?
When I open OR, a window appears saying "Additional files will be downloaded so that you can use Optical Reader" When I press "OK" the app shuts down. I've never been able to use this app.
One way to refresh this application, is to go into Application Manager and clear all cache, stop process and clear data. You can perform this by doing the following:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to Application Manager.
3. Find Optical Reader.
4. Clear cache, data and stop the processes.
Revisit the app for use after performing these steps.
What app do I use on Samsung Galaxy 4 mini to translate text from Spanish to English?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Nuance, chaitumetkar, Abuhamoodh