Use Notes Tool in Adobe InDesign CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to use "Notes Tool" in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7.
- 6This will create a new document. You can also do this with the shortcut "Ctrl" + "N". Alternatively, you can click "Open..." to open an existing document from the "File" menu as well. For more information, refer to our tutorials on how to create a new document and on how to open an existing document.You can move the cursor to "New" and click "Document...".
- 8The "Note Tool" icon looks like a sheet of paper with a folded corner. However, when you select the tool and go back to the workspace, you are unable to do anything. Note the settings at the top. You can see that you need to have "Type Tool" used. This is a capital "T" icon in the toolbar.First, click "Note Tool" in the vertical toolbar on the left side of the window.
- 10For more information, please refer to the video on how to use "Type Tool".Then, click and drag a text box.
- 12You can start to create a note. This is useful if you are trying to communicate with other people working on the same document, especially with people working on magazines, books, and publications. You may have there quite a lot of text and images. Most importantly, "Notes Tool" makes life slightly easier by letting you work in a team by leaving notes.Click the type box.
- 22As we work within the text box, you can have text inside as well. You can also include notes what you've written. This tool is quite useful for big documents where a lot of people or teams participate. If more than two people work on the document, it might be more reasonable to use the "Notes Tool" instead of email to communicate. It's a very convenient way to let everyone know what's happening.Click the cross icon to close the window.
This concludes our tutorial showing you how to use "Note Tool" in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or the program used, then just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Use Notes Tool in Adobe InDesign CS6
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Freya