Use Multi-window on the Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Witz Taluban, Lynn, Leomar Umpad, Eng and 1 other
The release of the much anticipated Samsung Galaxy 4 produced clamor in the tech world as to whether or not it could keep up with its competitors like Apple. Samsung Galaxy S4 has some slick designs.
In this article, we'll examine a feature embedded into Samsung Galaxy S4 - the "Multi-window" feature. As it name implies, this feature allows you to multi-task in some very interesting ways, with multiple applications on one screen. Let's explore the realm of multi-window on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 1Look for a tab on the bottom right hand side of the screen. If multi-window mode is on, you will see this tab and you can drag it to the right to slide out the multi-window panel.Advertisement
- 2If you don't see it then you need to turn it on.Advertisement
- Slide a finger from the top of the screen down to slide down your notifications panel. Alternatively, you can do a two-finger swipe down to slide down a configuration panel with several features you can easily turn on or off.
- At the top of the screen you will see an icon that says Multi-Window. Press it to turn it on.
- Now slide your notifications panel back up. If you've done everything correctly, your screen should now have a tab in the lower left.
Launching Applications in Multi-Window Mode
- 1To put the application into a window just press and hold it for a second and then drag and drop it outside the application tray.Advertisement
- 2To add another application just repeat the previous step and you will get another screen on the side.
Adding and Removing Applications from the Multi-Window Slideout Tab
- 1Go to the Multi-Window tray.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Google apps and Samsung applications can be used on multi-window, example would be YouTube and other apps available from Google play store.
- You can switch to watching YouTube and doing other tasks such as email messaging or checking your inbox while the YouTube videos load.
- You can move the position of the Multi-Window tray by tapping and holding the multi-window tab and then drag and drop it to any location you like on your home screen.
There is no user reviews.