Use Iron on Transfers
Edited by Angel Hammer, Rebecca M., Lynn, Eng
Iron on transfers can be a lot of fun for everyone! They are great because they are so versatile, and they can be used by anyone. Even children can safely apply iron ons with just a little bit of adult supervision. Another benefit of iron on transfers is that, because you do not have to sew them, it is not as time consuming and is much easier on the joints of the fingers, (which can be especially important in individuals with arthritis).
You can buy iron on transfers at almost any store with a "home" section, or you can make them on your own. Follow the basic instructions below to learn how to apply a basic iron on transfer, and feel free to add your own creative twist!
- 1You can apply iron on transfers to almost anything, including table cloths, sweatshirts, t-shirts and blankets, just to mention a few items that are good for this project.Advertisement
- 2Pre-wash whatever item you choose before you begin and follow the care instructions on the tag. Make sure that the item is thoroughly dried.Advertisement
- 3If you have an iron that steams, you will not want to select that option! Set your iron to the highest cotton safe setting and let it warm up for 5-10 minutes at the bare minimum before you begin your crafting.
- 4Double check to ensure that your iron on transfer is face up. Once you have determined that your transfer is faced properly, feel free to move the transfer around your shirt or other article of cloth until you find where you think it will look best. You will always want to do this before you attempt to iron on the transfer, so that you can avoid having to remove the transfer and repeating the process again.
- 5Move the iron in a circular motion, first going around the edges/border of the transfer in a clockwise motion. After you have gone around the border of the transfer, go over the center of the transfer with moderate pressure. Repeat the circular motions with the iron for approximately one minute so that the transfer is heated to a uniform temperature.
- 6Slowly peel the backing sheet of your iron on transfer up from the article of cloth once it has completely cooled, and enjoy your cool creation!
Things You'll Need
- Flat surface
- Iron on transfer
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Arts & Crafts
Recent edits by: Lynn, Rebecca M., Angel Hammer