Use Hashtags for Google Plus Searches
Edited by Witz Taluban, Adrian Penaflor, Eng, Lynn and 1 other
Google now implements an exciting feature in its arsenal and guess what it is? It's the integration of hashtags, mainly by Google Plus, into Google searches. Hashtags were originally developed by Twitter to define user community interests. Twitter intended to group interests in an organized manner by implementing the hashtag feature. It is a way of categorizing interests in an organized yet viral manner. With Google's new feature, users would be delivered a wide array of relevant data or results around a specific word they try to search. As with website owners, they would need to include hash tags on their Google Plus posts in order to generate traffic to their posts or websites. You can read a step-by-step tutorial on how to use hashtags on Google Plus below.
Utilize hashtags on Google Plus searches
- 1The format of a hashtag is same as with Twitter, which is "#anywordplacedhere".Assuming you are logged into your Google Plus account, go to the Google Plus search page and type a hashtag.
- 2Click on a link to the related posts, and from there you will be brought to the full content.You will know see a plethora of relevant user-generated content/posts that are related to the hashtag.
Use hashtags on your Google Plus post
- 1Log in to your account and make a post about any topic you want.
- 2You may place a hashtag anywhere on your post, be it in the middle, above or at the bottom of your posts.
- 3Publish your post and see the magic.
Determine the functionality of hashtags on a Google Plus Post
- 1You have the option to click on the post and view its contents.Hashtags that are above a published post are associated to the content of the post.
For your convenience we have recorded these instructions in a video. You can watch this video to help clarify the instructions in this Wiki. Please keep in mind that the Wiki is always being updated, so the Wiki instructions may be more up to date than the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxOe4NKlMnc
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- You can use a hashtag to group your posts in an organized manner.
- You can use hashtags on the Google search engine.
- You can only post comments on certain Google Plus posts if you are logged in to your Google Plus account.
- You can access and utilize trending hashtags on Google Plus.