Use Free Transform Tool in Adobe InDesign CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng, Judy Harris and 1 other
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to use "Free Transform Tool" in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7.
- 1To begin, you should open Adobe InDesign CS6 either from your desktop or by coming down to the bottom-left corner and clicking the Windows icon. Clicking this will bring up a list of your recently used programs. You might see "Adobe InDesign" on the list. It has a pink-and-purple icon with the letters "ID" on it.Advertisement
- 5Move the cursor to "New" and click "Document...". Alternatively, you could click "Open...". This will create a new document. You can also do this with the shortcut "Ctrl" + "N". For more information, refer to our tutorials on https://visihow.com/Get_Started_with_a_Document_in_Adobe_InDesign_CS6 how to create a new document and on how to open an existing document.
- 7First, click "Rectangle Tool". Please refer to the tutorial on how to use "Rectangle Tool", "Ellipse Tool", and "Polygon Tool".
- 12Then, click the "Free Transform Tool" icon in the vertical toolbar. The icon is a dotted rectangle with an arrow through it. You can also press "E" on the keyboard. There is a very small black arrow in the icon and in the other icons too. That means that you can click and drag the tool to reveal an expanded list. The cursor will change to the black arrow.
- 16You can always use the options at the top to change other shape settings. "Free Transform Tool" is very useful when creating shapes or areas for text. As InDesign is more focused on text and images, use this tool to create frames and shapes into which you can place images or text.
This concludes our tutorial showing you how to use "Free Transform Tool" in Adobe InDesign CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments regarding this video or the program used, then just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Use Free Transform Tool in Adobe InDesign CS6
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Judy Harris, Eng, VisiHow