Use Emoji on Windows Phone
Edited by Ceres Canilao, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz
When words are just not enough, Emoji icons allow Windows phone users to express their emotions or state of mind through character-size graphics.
- 1Think about the message you want to convey. Effective communication does not just rely on text and words, but also on effective visuals. It is easy to get misinterpreted when sending mobile messages. Emoji help mobile users express themselves better by symbolizing, emotions, thoughts, and ideas in a character-size graphics produced by entering a certain series of characters.Advertisement
- 2Look for an appropriate Emoji to send with your message. There are about a hundred Emoji from which Windows phone users can choose from, from the common happy smiley, which has the following code ":)", to more complex ones such as a goat "(nnh)". For a complete list of emoji for Windows Phones, click here -- http://www.wpcentral.com/exclusive-complete-windows-phone-emoji-list .Advertisement
Advantages of Using Emoji
- 1It helps to avoid misunderstanding. There are simply some words and phrases which are read differently. While the texter does not intend to mean something negative, it can easily be interpreted negatively by another person. Therefore, using emoji will help to clarify the mood of the texter and the feelings behind a message.Advertisement
- 2It keeps the conversation light. Having some emoji on a message indicates that the mood is not very serious and formal and that there is a lot of room for relaxation and just being comfortable with the person you are talking to.
- 3It puts more feelings into the conversation. It used to be that text messages are almost emotionless, unlike when you talk to a person face-to-face. However with emoji, you are able to anticipate the overall mood of the conversation. In fact, humor can even be added to a text conversation because of these icons, which was not possible in the past.
- 4It creates a good impression to the person using it. There are several studies that show people who use a lot of emoji icons in a text conversation are perceived to be more pleasant and likeable. It is because people who has a sense of humor are considered to be less temperamental compared to very moody ones.
Where Emoji is Not Appropriate
Emoji is not always appropriate in all situations. While it may come very handy when talking to friends and relatives, it may not be that welcome in other situations. The following are some documents where emoji is not very suitable:
- 1Formal email communication. If you are sending a very important and formal email to your boss or client, inserting emoji icons will not give a good impression. Important emails normally require that you become upfront with what you'd like to say. Not only will emoji be rather distracting, it will also give the impression that you are not taking the communication seriously and that you are rather childish in your behavior.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Save a copy for offline access. Downloading the image or saving a screenshot of the Emoji list in your personal mobile gallery for quick access when a connection is not available.
- Memorize codes for cool and unique Emoji. Surprise your friends by suddenly sending a cool Emoji in a middle of a dull conversation.
There is no user reviews.