Use Cinnamon to Treat Chapped Irritated Lips
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Eng, Lynn, homey and 4 others
Chapped, irritated lips are never pleasant. They're rough and flaky. When you put lipstick on, it's like you have lips growing underneath the old ones. Luscious and plump lips are sexy and enticing. They are attractive because they show off the health and moisture of your skin. Ready-made products can instantly plump up your chapped lips, but if you prefer an organic solution, cinnamon is the spice for you.
- 1 All About Cinnamon
- 2 How to Use Cinnamon Oil to Treat Chapped Irritated Lips
- 3 Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
All About Cinnamon
Cinnamon oil is a natural lip plumper that you can also use to heal irritated and chapped lips. Once you use cinnamon to treat chapped irritated lips, you will save so much on expensive dry lip treatments. Cinnamon oil will definitely rejuvenate your lips and make them look and feel younger than ever. With regular use, every lipstick application will look flawless, and every kiss will be unforgettable.
What Cinnamon Oil Has to Offer
Cinnamon zeylanicumi is the source of cinnamon oil. It is also known as true cinnamon, Madagascar, Seychelles, or Ceylon cinnamon. It is used as a solution for weakness, rheumatism, flu, colds, digestive disorders, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and fatigue, among other things. Cinnamon oil has a musky, spicy, warm smell. You can acquire the oil in red-brown (if it comes from the bark) or in yellow (if it comes from the leaf). It can be watery or viscous, depending on how it was extracted. Cinnamon oil can be extracted from the leaves, which are leathery and green or from the bark, which is papery and pale brown. Cinnamon bark gives 0.5 - 1.00 percent oil, while the leaves provide 1.6-1.8 percent oil. The essential oils from the leaves are considered more delicate.
Cinnamon essential oil contains aldehyde, benzyl benzoate, eugenol acetate, and eugenol. It is non-toxic, but the eugenol and cinnamaldehyde compounds in it can very well cause mucus membrane irritation. There are a few warnings:
- Pregnant women should not use cinnamon oil because of its emmenagogue action. *Elevated doses of cinnamon oil have been known to bring on convulsions.
- You should stay away from the cinnamon oil extracted from the bark because it is a sensitizer, an irritant, and a dermal toxin.
Therapeutic Uses for Cinnamon Oil
The helpful therapeutic properties of cinnamon oil are the following:
The oil is also be helpful for treating infections in your respiratory tract, generalized pains, arthritis, and rheumatism. It also helps ease menstrual cramps.
How to Use Cinnamon Oil for General Health
Below are some of the ways to use cinnamon oil to achieve better health:
- 1Vaporizers and burners are part of vapor therapy. You can just burn cinnamon essential oil to treat colds, fatigue, depression, and acute bronchitis.Use in vaporizers or burners.
- 2When applied as a cream or lotion, cinnamon oil can treat flu, colds, pains (arthritis and rheumatism), and digestive issues.Use in lotions and creams.
- 3You can also use cinnamon oil in massages or use them in your bath water. This will help you with your arthritic and rheumatic pain, flu, chills, diarrhea, infections, and bronchitis. It will also help calm your digestion and muscles. You can most certainly blend cinnamon oil with thyme, grapefruit, rosemary, ginger, lavender, benzoin, frankincense, cardamom, coriander, and clovesUse in baths or mix with other oils.
How to Use Cinnamon Oil to Treat Chapped Irritated Lips
Because of the mild irritation that cinnamon has on your lips, it will help make your lips plump, swollen, and reddish. Once you apply cinnamon on your lips, the circulation becomes stimulated. A few seconds later, your lips appear pouty. Remember that cinnamon oil is stronger than cinnamon powder, so you have to dilute it in some petroleum jelly. You don't have to live with irritated, chapped lips. Your own pantry can provide the cinnamon you need to regain and maintain those luscious lips. Below are two ways to cinnamon to treat your irritated and chapped lips:
- 1Direct application.METHOD ONE.
- WHAT YOU'LL NEED.
- A clean washcloth
- Petroleum jelly
- Cinnamon oil
- Apply some petroleum jelly thinly on your lips.
- Rub a little of cinnamon oil onto your lips.
- Let the cinnamon-petroleum jelly stay on your lips for half a minute (depending on your level of skin sensitivity).
- Gently wipe cinnamon-petroleum jelly application with a wet washcloth.
- WHAT YOU'LL NEED.
- 2Lip Gloss.METHOD TWO.
- WHAT YOU'LL NEED.
- A chocolate fondue (with a candle)
- 1 ounce of olive oil (coconut, grape seed, almond oil will all work)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon beeswax
- A wooden chopstick
- Container to put lip gloss in (glass, plastic, stainless steel)
- Pour the olive oil into the chocolate fondue.
- Light the candle to heat up the oil.
- When the oil is hot, stir in the cinnamon using the chopstick.
- When the cinnamon has dissolved completely, add the beeswax. This will harden it a bit so it's not all liquid.
- When the beeswax has dissolved, pour into prepared container. Let cool before using.
- It will last longer if you keep this in the fridge.
- WHAT YOU'LL NEED.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Consult your doctor for sensitivity tests for cinnamon oil, or do a skin test by following these instructions:
- Put a small amount of petroleum jelly and cinnamon oil on the inside of your elbow.
- Or - mix a tiny bit of cinnamon with olive oil and rub on the inside of your elbow.
- Leave for at least a half an hour.
- If the skin is red, itchy, sore, or has reacted to the skin test, cinnamon may not be good for you to use on your skin.
- Be careful when using cinnamon oil because concentrated cinnamon can sting or burn.
- Take good care not to touch your eyes if you have cinnamon oil on your fingers.
- Don't touch any sensitive skin with cinnamon oil on your fingers - think about his carefully when visiting the bathroom.
- Never exfoliate your lips before applying cinnamon. This will be painful.
- Let the petroleum jelly relieve the chapped lips first before you apply cinnamon.
- Reapply petroleum jelly after wiping off the cinnamon-petroleum jelly mixture. This will rehydrate your lips.
- Use a food grade leaf variety if applying to your skin and only add one drop to every 1/8 cup of your homemade lip balm bases like Aloe Vera gel, coconut oil or petroleum jelly.
Questions and Answers
Cinnamon oil irradiated my lips and made my lips swell, not they are healing with almost blister like symptoms. How come?
Was the cinnamon oil too strong?
Yes, your cinnamon oil was too strong. You may have used the oil derived from the bark and not the leaves. In the future use only the scantest amount of bark oil if you can't get the leaf variety. The cinnamon will plump up your lips so that is why you feel the tingling sensation. Use a smaller amount or ground cinnamon instead.
You might be allergic to cinnamon. Please read above and follow the instructions for la skin test. Also, there has been a new a recipe added above, that uses the cinnamon powder, instead of the oil.
Categories : Cinnamon Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Nuance, Maria Quinney, Nothing