Upgrade to Dropbox Pro Using Windows 8
Edited by Grimm, Amanda, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to upgrade a standard Dropbox account to a Dropbox Pro account when using Windows 8.
- 2Enter in "www.dropbox.com". Press the "Enter" key. This will take us directly to our account. We may need to sign in. However, existing Dropbox users like us may already be signed in. To see how to sign in, please take a look at our tutorial on how to sign in and out of Dropbox on Windows 8.Click on the address bar near the top of the screen.Advertisement
- 3It is near the right-hand side beneath the address bar. It has a big star beside it. When we're ready to upgrade our account, we click "Upgrade account" one time. This is a web page, and a single click will make it function. Once we've clicked, we'll be taken to another page. We will see our username, an alarm icon, a smiley face icon, and the standard Dropbox icon. We are also given the option "Choose your plan".Locate the "Upgrade account" option.
- 4We will be choosing Dropbox Pro, the center option. Dropbox Pro costs $10 per month, basically, or $100 a year, depending on how we sign up. If we didn't want to use Dropbox Pro, we could also use Dropbox for Business. We also have a tutorial on how to sign up for Dropbox for Business. In this tutorial, we're simply going to upgrade our Dropbox to Dropbox Pro.Scroll down a bit.
- 5It is labeled "Upgrade your Dropbox". It will take us to the next window, where they ask to confirm that we actually want to upgrade our account. Note that underneath the blue "Upgrade your Dropbox" button, it lists "just $9.99/month or $99/year". This is telling us that if we choose to pay monthly, we'll pay a little bit more than we'd pay yearly. However, we like to pay for things a little bit at a time, so for us, monthly is the way to go. Otherwise, yearly is definitely a better value.Click once on the blue button located beneath the Dropbox Pro option.
- 6This takes us to the actual area where we're going to upgrade. We now have the option to choose our plan. We can choose to save, as mentioned previously, about 17% per year. We can also keep an "Extended Version History", which is another $39 per year. We will choose to be billed monthly.Click once on the blue "Upgrade your Dropbox" button to confirm.
- 17After clicking on "Agree and Pay", we will see a pop-up that tells us about our increased account space. We will see a message saying "Congratulations" and "You're now on Dropbox Pro." Its illustration means we've jumped out of the little fish bowl and into the big fish tank, and we've even got our own castle.Read the confirmation.
- 18Thanks for choosing VisiHow. As ever, if you have questions or comments, do please leave them in the section below. Have a great day, and make sure to check out our other fantastic Dropbox videos.This concludes our tutorial on how to upgrade your Dropbox account to Dropbox Pro using a web browser with Windows 8.
Video: Upgrade to Dropbox Pro Using Windows 8
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Amanda, Grimm