Update to iOS 7 using over-the-air (OTA) Software or iTunes
Edited by kathrina raiza a. macadagdag, Lynn
iO7 is the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system. It was released on September 18, 2013. Some of the features of the new iOS are the redesigned user interface, and a bunch of changes on the system's functionality. There are two ways to upgrade your Apple device; one is through the use of over-the-air (OTA) software update and the other is through iTunes.
Over-the-air (OTA) software update
OTA software update is easiest upgrade procedure to update your Apple device to iOS 7. There are a few things you need in order to do the upgrade: your device should be connected on WiFi, more than half battery life and a sufficient storage space. Once everything is set your device is ready for the upgrade of the new iOS. Here are the steps:
- 1Tap the "Settings" icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- 2Tap on "General" menu.
- 3From the menu, choose "Software Update".
- 4Upon tapping the Software Update from the menu, your device should now check for the latest version of iOS and immediately prompt that it is available.
- 5Once your device has detected that you are connected to a WiFi, the update will be automatically downloaded. The speed of the download depends upon the WiFi speed.Once the new version is available, choose the "Download and Install" option.
- 6Choose "Install the update".Once the download is completed, your device will notify you to confirm the update.
- Before doing the steps indicated above, make sure that the battery life of your device is more than half, so that it can remain on during the download and update process. If the upgrade is interrupted, it may result in errors, like that your device won't turn on completely, or it may cause further damage.
Upgrading through iTunes
Upgrading Apple devices through the OTA software update system is faster and easier. But, if you want to avoid data corruption from your backups and you want your device to be clean and fresh, iTunes is still the best option for upgrade. Here are the steps:
- 1To upgrade go to "About" and "Check for Updates", or you may visit the Apple site.Make sure that the iTunes on your PC or Mac is the latest version.