Universal Sync for Android Mobile, Connect, and Backup
Edited by Eng, Maria Quinney, Charmed, Grimm and 4 others
If you are having trouble backing up your Android device, the program discussed in this guide may be of assistance to you. Please be sure to read the requirements before using it.
Things Universal Sync can do for supported Android Mobile Devices:
- Explore mobile files, copy, delete, and move...etc.
- Organize and Sync contacts, convey between devices, delete, modify, backup and restore. You can Sync directly to Microsoft Outlook.
- Monitor and Archive and save SMS.
- Transfer Contacts between an old mobile to a new one.
This program is quite popular on the Sony Ericsson mode Android phones, as well as many others.
- 1 Things you need
- 2 Tour on how to use "MyPhoneExplorer" and Sync
- 3 Go through how to Sync and copy and backup your contacts using this program, for it is the most important task you might need
- 4 Touring other features
- 5 Multi-sync Module [Shift+F5]
- 6 Backup and Restore
- 7 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 8 Questions and Answers
- 9 Comments
Things you need
- 1Download MyPhoneExplorer here, and install it on your PC.You will need the PC version of My Phone Explorer.
Tour on how to use "MyPhoneExplorer" and Sync
- 3- Start 'MyPhoneExplorer Client' on phone - If 'MyPhoneExplorer Client' is not installed on phone you can get it from App-Market - Ensure that WiFi is enabled on phone - Ensure that MyPhoneExplorer will be not blocked by a firewall - Ensure that the PC and the phone is connected to the same network (Router)A reminder window of the following will appear, to which you must comply and provide:
- 4Now, that your mobile is connected, we can go through what you can do with it, on the left section you can find tabs of the following: "Contacts", "Calls", "Organizer", "Messages", "Files", and "Others".The program will scan your WiFi for the Client, that you have installed to your mobile and connect to it.
Go through how to Sync and copy and backup your contacts using this program, for it is the most important task you might need
- 1You will get the "Settings" window. As you can see, the default connection that we choose earlier, is set (marked in Red). You can freely change the connection type anytime from here. For example, if your mobile is connected via a USB cable, just switch to it in here. Now you need to set the "Sync" options. Click on it, and there as in the photo, you can Click the list next to "Contacts" and select "Outlook 2010" (marked in Red). Now, click on the Advanced Button next to those.Click on Menu bar button "File", then select "Settings".
Touring other features
Multi-sync Module [Shift+F5]
Backup and Restore
- 1Make sure you have synced and updated all your data that you need to have backup of, and then go to "Extra" on Menu Toolbar, then click on "Create backup", then you get to select where to place the backup file.
- 2To Restore, simply click on "Restore backup" and browse to the location where you have placed your backup file and click on it.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Very versatile and universal, easy to use.
- Several ways of connecting methods, which is very handy when comes to connecting.
- For USB connection to work, make sure you have the "USB Debugging" option on your mobile ticked or activated, you can look for it on the Settings > Apps > Development.
- Pressing [F1] will connect to the last used mobile.
- Can be used for several accounts, i.e. you can set a User for your mobile and any member or your family, or if you have more than one mobile.
- When you connect via USB cable, then the option of "Control phone" is applicable. Very Handy feature. I will leave that for you to explore.
- Compatible mobiles and phones for Sony Ericsson phone with modem interface:
Sony Ericsson F500i, 1300i, K300i, K310i, K320i, K500i, K510i, K600i, K610i, K630i, K700i, K750i, K770i K800i, K810i, T610, T630, T650i, T700, T715,C510, C702, C901, C902, C903, C905, S500i, S700i, W200i, W300i, W350i, W380i, W550i, W580i, W595, W600, W610i, W660i, W715i, W800i, W810i, W850i, W880i, W890i, W900i, W902, W910i, W950i, W960i, W980i, W995, P1i, G502, G700, G705, G900, Z310i, Z520i, Z530i, Z550i, Z600, Z610i, Z710i, Z750i, Z770i, Z800i, Aino, Elm, Equinox, Hazel, Jalou, Naite, Satio, Vivraz,, Yari, Zylo,
- Compatible mobiles and phones for Android OS mobiles:
Sony Ericsson X8, X10, X10 mini, X10 mini pro HTC Dream, Magic, Desire, Legend, Hero, Lancaster, Wildfire, Incredible Motorola Milestone, Backflip, Flipout, Droid K, Droid Pro, CLIQ Samsung I9000, I7500, I5700, I5801 LG Optimus, Ally, LU2300, GT540 Acer Liquid, Stream, beTouch Google Nexus One
Questions and Answers
My phone explorer appears to go through the actions of syncing a file but the file does not appear in the target folder?
Hi, I have set up test folder on my phone and have selected it to be synced. I am getting the result explained above. I am not confident enough to try syncing important stuff in case of loss. I am using Vista. Thank you.
Some files and file types are not natively displayed by Windows, and you will need to adjust your folder options to view hidden files and folders when syncing from your mobile device to your Windows machine. Additionally, these programs are written to work with the latest versions of their respective supported systems. Please confirm that you have all of the latest drivers for your Windows Vista operating system, your phone, and the latest updates to supported Sync peripherals.
Once you've done this, restart your system, and restart your phone. Then, reconnect them, and attempt to repeat the process. Also, make sure that your AV (virus) program is not creating problems. This can be done by temporarily turning off your AV program while you complete a test transfer. Just make sure to scan the devices before you initiate the transfer.
How to sync multiple devices to each other using MyPhoneExplorer?
How to sync multiple devices to each other using MyPhoneExplorer? Someone else posted the question below on the their English forum February 17th, but there has been no answer yet. I am interested in assuring that two Galaxy S7's have the same data. I used the desktop version to delete many outdated contacts which a sync then also deleted on my S7. I'm afraid if I now just sync my desktop to my wife's S7 it will bring all of them back to the desktop. Will it? If so, is there some way to control which is the "master" data base? Thanks. The Forum message:. . In 1.8.8 release, it is mentioned "Sync with internal Sync-database - this makes it possible to sync several devices to each other". How is it possible to sync several devices? ( I mean without using backup/restore). Which menu to use? Thanks for your help. Version 1.8.8 of MyPhoneExplorer is a new release and I can't see anything about my question among those that have already been covered. I have tried: Used Google searches and the MyPhoneExplorer English forum. I think it was caused by: The only problem is that there isn't an explanation of how perform the stated capability.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.