Uninstall/reinstall Windows 7 OS
Edited by Ephraim, Melissa Meyer, Lynn, Graeme and 1 other
This article will be on how to completely format your Windows 7 Laptop, and reinstall the operating system on your Laptop. Everyone will face the issue of their computer running too slow or having errors, and the best way to rid the computer of these issues will be to completely reset the whole Laptop. In order to be able to do these steps, you are required to have a Windows 7 OS CD, in order to wipe and reinstall the OS to the Laptop.
Reinstall the Operating System
- 1For this step you can insert any type of supported OS CD, whether it is Windows 7 or Windows 8. Either way, you should be able to download the new OS onto the computer without any type of problems. Once you have inserted the CD, restart the computer to gain access to the boot screen.Insert your OS CD into your Laptop.Advertisement
- 2Select the option to boot from the disc, which will appear on your boot menu upon restarting your Laptop.Advertisement
- 3hard drive.Once the CD has brought up another menu, select the option to erase the data on your C:
- 4Upon selecting to erase all of the data from the hard drive, you will be taken to a loading screen, and you will be presented with a screen that tells you that the loading process will take a few minutes.
- 5(In this case it will read "Set Up Windows 7.")After the loading process has finished, you will be prompted to select the OS you wish to start up, by pressing the "Enter" button to continue.
- 6After you agree, it will start up the installation process.Select the "Accept" option on the next screen to accept the terms and agreements with Windows.
- 7You will be able to choose to install the driver on the C drive or the D drive, depending on which option you want to choose. (***It is recommended to choose the C drive to install your new OS.***)Select which partition you want to install the new driver on in order to continue the processor.
- 8Select "NTFS" in order to install the New Technology File System, which will be what you are installing to your Laptop.
- 9Now you will only need to click "Continue" in order for your computer to completely wipe out your old data, and the computer will (on its own) reinstall your OS for use.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Graeme, Lynn, Melissa Meyer