Unhide Accidentally Hidden Post in Facebook
Edited by Eman, angeline zuhura, Graeme, Eng and 4 others
Sometimes when you're browsing your Facebook profile you can accidentally hide a post. Later you want it back in your timeline but you don't know how to do it. It is really easy to bring back that post. When you're still in your profile and not going on any page yet. You can still see this "This post is now hidden from your timeline. Undo" you just need to hit the undo button and it will be back in your timeline. But what if you already navigate on some other pages. In this case you will not have an option to undo the hidden post. You just need to follow the instructions below to put back the hidden post in your timeline:
- 1On your Facebook profile go to Activity Log.Advertisement
- 2On the left side look for " Post you've hidden" Click on it.Advertisement
- 3You will see all the list of the post that you've hidden.
- 4On the post that you want to unhide on your timeline you will see a circle with a slant line on the right side of it. Click it and select "Allowed on timeline".
- 5That's it.
Generally, hiding a post from your page will remove it from your face book timeline. People will not be able to see it there. Though if the post you choose to hide had been previously shared, it will still be visible to the people it was shared with. Remember that photos you hide from your timeline are still visible when people visit your Photos view.
- 1Hoover your cursor on your pages timeline.Advertisement
- 2Click the tick(check mark) that appears in the upper-right corner.
- 3Select Hide from Page
Questions and Answers
Where can I find the Facebook 'activity log'?
I want to clear my search history. Where is the activity log?
To access the Facebook Activity Log, you will need to take the following steps:
- 1Open your profile, and click on the down arrow. It can be found in the upper right corner of your screen.
- 2Then, click the Settings option. This will open your Settings page.
- 3On the left side menu, click the tab for Privacy.
- 4Look for Who can see my stuff?. Under that, click on the option to Use Activity Log.
- 5Then, select the More option. This can be hard to find, but it's usually found under the Photos tab listings.
- 6After that, click on Search. This will show you all of the Facebook searches you've made.
- 7You can then Clear History to get rid of your search records.
What about unhiding a post on a page (as opposed to a profile)?
These instructions are for Facebook profile, but I want to unhide a post I accidentally hid on a page (as opposed to a profile)
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: VC, MsBarbs, Grimm