Understand the Buttons and Functions of a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Watch
Edited by Train Wreck, VisiHow, Eng, Kim Taylor
This is a VisiHow tutorial on how to understand the buttons and functions of your Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 smartwatch. In this tutorial, we will go over each of the functions of the watch components, and how they interact with the software. This will help you to operate the watch, and be aware of the extra features it has that might have gone overlooked, depending on where you live and where the watch was purchased.
The Back Button
- 2Press it if you're in an application or screen and you want to return to the previous screen.
The Home Button
- 2This will turn the face of the watch on.In order to turn on the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch, you will press the home button one time.
- 3If you press and hold the home button for more than seven seconds, it will restart the Gear S2 smart watch.
- 4When the watch screen is active, you can press the home button to open the apps screen.
- 5You can also press the home button to open the watch screen when you are on any other screen.
Heart Rate Sensor
- 2It measures your heart rate by using light to calculate your pulse.This functions the same way as the heart rate monitor on your Galaxy S6.
- 2However, as time passes more and more applications will be available to support this.At this time, there are a limited number of applications that supports this function.
- 2You can adjust applications, send messages, respond to messages, and perform a range of other functions from here, depending on the application you are using at the time.
Watch Bezel Control Dial
- 2Turning the bezel to the left, or counterclockwise will show you the notification.When you receive a notification on your Galaxy Gear S2 a small orange dot will appear on the left side of the touchscreen.
- 3Otherwise you can turn the bezel clockwise, or to the right, and it will take you to the list of applications.
This has been a VisiHow tutorial on how to understand the basics of operating the Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 smart watch.
- The watch face functions as a touch screen. You don't have to use the bezel to dial through apps. Simply swipe and tap.
- The Galaxy Gear S2 is waterproof.
- You can use the T9 keyboard from the touch screen of your Gear S2 watch to type messages.
See other tutorials on Galaxy Gear: Update Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch Tizen OS, Change Watch Faces on a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch, Charge a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch, Remove or Replace a Watchband on the Galaxy Gear S2, Setting Up Samsung GALAXY Gear S2 Smartwatch, Change Language on a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch, Factory Reset a Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Smartwatch, Locate a Misplaced Galaxy Gear Using Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Locate a Misplaced Galaxy Gear Using Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Connect Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Disconnect GALAXY Gear from Samsung GALAXY Note 3, Install Galaxy Gear Manager on Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Configure or Synchronize Your GALAXY Gear with Samsung GALAXY S5, and Locate Your Galaxy Note 3 Using Galaxy Gear.
Questions and Answers
Why does my screen keep showing the watchs on my screen?
The watch face keeps showing the watchs info and watch faces on the screen. The watch keeps showing the watchs faces and the watchs info on the screen. I have tried: Everything in the settings but can't understand why its happened. I think it was caused by: I don't know am not sure looked in the settings with no help
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.