Understand If You Should Quit School
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Eng, Alma and 5 others
Do you ever feel like you want to quit school? Some kids have said that they do not want to go because they feel that what they learn will not be useful to them. One boy commented that he wanted to drop out and get a job. He said it was not doing him any good and he would rather get paid for his time. A girl said she was so bogged down with homework, that she couldn't stand it any longer and wanted out.
In some lands it's normal for a young one to graduate after between five and eight years of school. In other schools children are expected to stay in school for ten to twelve years. So, there is no set age or grade that affects everyone equally around the world. Some states might allow a student to take some or all of his classes at home without going to school. Students are homeschooled with their parent's permission, and are not quitting.
- What does the law require?
Laws governing the amount of schooling a student must have can be different in other places. What is the minimum schooling that the law in your area requires? Have you reached that phase yet?
- Have you achieved your educational goals?
What is your objective that you want to help your education to succeed? Not sure? That is something you need to know. Otherwise, you are like a passenger on a train that has no idea where he wants to go. A primary purpose of education is to prepare you to find a job that will help you support yourself and provide for your family that you might have one day. Think about what job you might want and how your time at school can help you prepare for it. To help you in determining if your education is leading you in the right direction, you can think about the following questions: What are your strengths? For example, do you communicate well with people? Do you like working with your hands creating and fixing things? Do you do good at solving problems? What employment options are available where I live? What classes am I now taking in school that will prepare me for a job? Remember, you would want your goal to be to graduate with an education you can use.
- Immediate problems
You will likely find it more difficult to get a job if you quit school. It might be lower paying than the one you could have gotten had you stayed and finished your schooling.
- Long term challenges
Research has shown that those who drop out of school are more likely to have poorer health and have children at a young age. Some have ended up in prison, and have had to rely on social welfare programs. Completing school doesn't mean you will avoid these problems. But why unnecessarily hinder yourself by dropping out?
Benefits of not quitting
- 1Learn Endurance and to Be Mentally Tough.
- 2You Can Improve Your Skills.
- 3You can figure out ways to deal with academic, social and physical challenges.School Can Improve Your Problem Solving Abilities.
- 4Will Prepare You For the Challenges of The Work Environment.
- 5If you quit school during a month in the middle of the school year, your parents only get in most cases less than half of the money invested for the school year.Your parents will not lose a lot of money.
What jobs can girls get if they quit school
Quitting school doesn't always mean you will never find a well-paying job. But this doesn't mean quitting school is recommended. In fact, it is true that you still can get a good job without a degree, but having one is more rewarding, because you'll most likely be getting a higher salary. To find a job and pursue your dreams, the ability, will, and determination is needed to succeed. If you are a girl, and have decided to quit school for your own personal and private reasons, and now you are looking for a job, here are some of jobs you can try engaging yourselves into:
- 1If you're quite skilled in creating fun and engaging stories, then writing up stories, or news for the latest trends could be the job best suited for you.Article Writer.
- 2Find a niche or a certain thing that interests you (e.g. Fashion, Gadgets, Food & Beverages, and Cosmetics) and blog about it! Build up your website's traffic and gain large profit from ad revenues.Blogging.
- 3If you do not have some knowledge in web programming or web designing, then, as long as you have your own internet and computer, you will be able to access thousands of tutorials on the web. Study, practice, and generate income from your web programming and designing skills.Web Developer/Designing.
- 4Confident enough with your communication skills? Try your luck and apply for a call center job. Selling your voice and time through this job is actually worth it, because the benefits/incentives and salary you'll get are very rewarding. Depending on your skills and degree, you might be assigned to a higher position, which obviously has a better pay.Call Center.
- 5If you love children and are willing to care for them, then don't be afraid to become a babysitter. The pay will vary depending on your negotiation with the parents. Earning while having fun with the kids is one of the easiest jobs for children-loving people.Babysitter.
- 6There are tons of fast food restaurants and small companies around, and most of them often have job openings. Apply and be a crew or staff member. Improve yourself and make sure that your growth through the course of time is exceptional, because it will be your main weapon to be the next supervisor. In this field, what matters most is your integrity, ability, and capability of handling people to produce great results for the company.Be Part of a Crew or Staff.
- 7Many girls are experts in terms of making themselves beautiful. If you have a talent in hair cutting, nail polishing, or other skills that beautify someone, then get this job and unleash your hidden skills while earning money.Work in a Beauty Salon.
- 8Wash others' clothes and get paid for doing so. This usually earns only a little, but if you have no other choice then, this is one of your options.Be a Laundress.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- School will help you stick to a routine and keep a schedule.
- Ask your parents and teachers for advice for a good education.
- Look around at employment opportunities where you live.
Questions and Answers
"I feel like quitting school" is an example of what type of behavior?
A person who feels like quitting school is likely someone who is unsure of what his or her goals for the future entail. If you have your mind directed toward something in the future, like a career you would like to pursue, you would never think of quitting school. Reasons like financial issues, friends getting out of the school or simply no interest at all are just some of the many reasons why some students quit. A person quitting school because his friends did is an example of a clingy behavior. If he or she can't survive without the people he regularly hangs out with, then this student is probably too easily influenced by others and has not considered or realized the consequences of such an act.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Communications & Education
Recent edits by: Jonathan, Lynn, Leomar Umpad