Unbox the Canon Legria HF R506
Edited by Grimm, Crystal, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow. Today we are going to show you the unboxing of the Canon Legria HF R506 Handheld Camcorder or the Canon Vixia HF R506. Both of these devices are exactly the same, with the tiny exception of the Legria being PAL and the Vixia being NTSC. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the PAL and NTSC standards, PAL is basically for most parts of the world outside of North America, NTSC is for North American areas and parts of South America. However, there are parts of South America that use PAL.
- 1We've got a Canon product, and in this case I've got the Legria HF R506. It's an HD Camcorder. We have full HD, 1080 pixels. It has a full HD CMOS sensor. It's 1920 x 1080, true HD recording. It has progressive AVC HD if you're planning on using that technology. MP4 can be recorded at rates as high as 35Mbps, provided you have the right SD Card. It's also SDXC and it has an HDMI Cable included, which is essential for being able to connect and record your own videos. It's also a really helpful tool if you want to monitor video.Let's get started with the unboxing.Advertisement
- 5The Legria, as I mentioned, is the European model, so I have a European cable. If you're from North America with the Vixia you'll have the North American cable. The main difference between PAL and NTSC is that PAL runs at 50 frames per second, whereas NTSC runs at 60 frames per second.Next we have the power cable.
- 7I do want to show you something with this USB cable. You will notice it's somewhat thicker than the normal cable and it's actually kind of heavy, it's not that easy to bend. This is a quality USB cable and you want a quality cable when you're connecting and moving video data.Here we have the USB cable.
- 8The HDMI cable is another thick, heavy quality component. The reason we do these unboxing videos is because maybe you go into the store and you buy this camera and you get home and yours doesn't have the HDMI cable, you're missing it. These are all the contents that are supposed to be in the box and you can physically see everything you're supposed to be getting.Here's the HDMI cable, I don't have an HDMI TV that I'm hooking it up to in this video, but I will show you that in another video.
- 23The WiFi feature on the higher end camera is basically useless if it's not fast, it doesn't work that well, but the internal memory is nice. Personally my preference is to be able to have a device where I can take out the memory card in just a minute, and I can get started right away.One thing that's really important to know is that there are other models of this device, specifically the HF R50 and R52 for example, the only difference with those devices is that one of them has WiFi and 8GB or so memory built in, and the other one has the 16GB.
- 24This is our video on what it looks like when you unbox this device. Please watch our other videos on how to get it set up and how to install a memory card. Have a great day.Thank you for watching VisiHow.
Video: Unbox the Canon Legria HF R506
Categories : Cameras & Photography
Recent edits by: Crystal, Grimm