Turn your Phone into a 3D Hologram
Edited by David Collins, Eng, Aarti Singh
The materials that you will need for this project are:
- Scotch tape
- Clear CD case
- A Knife (box cutters work fine)
- Smartphone capable of playing videos from YouTube
- 1Start off by drawing a line right down the middle of the page. Next, draw a 1cm line at the top. Move 3.5 cm from the top line and indicate a marker. At this point, draw a 6 cm long line (3 cm on each side). Go ahead and connect these lines with corresponding diagonals.Now you will make the template that you'll use to cut the hologram pieces out of the CD case.
- 5You can see in the image how the piece we attempted to break out is cracked in the middle because we thought it was ready to be detached. Make sure you do not do this. As we were pushing out the corner of the template, it cracked. Just keep in mind that the CD case is thin and need to be cut thoroughly before detaching. Be very gentle when you push on the piece to break it out.We show you what happens if you try to break the piece out before you've cut deep enough through the CD case.
- 9Choose one of the videos that says "Pyramid Hologram Screen Setup" Once you've found the video, put your screen in landscape format and place it on a flat surface. Take your hologram device and line up its edges with the edges displayed on the screen.Now that the CD case hologram is made, take your smartphone and search "Hologram" on YouTube.
Video: Turn your Phone into a 3D Hologram
Categories : Arts & Crafts
Recent edits by: Eng, David Collins