Turn on Silent Mode for Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng, jonats and 4 others
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we're going to show you how you can quickly switch your phone to silent mode when using a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Turn on Silent Mode for Microsoft Lumia 535
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 My Lumia 535 has no sound from incoming SMS and also has no sound from incoming call?
- 3.2 Now, to switch your phone to silent mode at any time, all we're going to do is either press up or down on the volume buttons, located on the right side of the phone, just above the power button?
- 3.3 Neither my alarm or my phone are playing any ringtones that I apply?
- 4 Comments
- 9This is how we can switch our phone to silent mode very easily. So that's just pressing the volume buttons, and then tapping to make changes at the top. This concludes our tutorial on how to switch your Microsoft Lumia 535 to silent mode easily. If you have any questions or suggestions about this video, please leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow. Goodbye.You can turn them both on or turn them both off.
Video: Turn on Silent Mode for Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
My Lumia 535 has no sound from incoming SMS and also has no sound from incoming call?
Lumia 535 has no sound from incoming call and incoming SMS. I have tried: I tried all the sound settings but nothing happened. I think it was caused by: Don't know
It is entirely possible to have all your settings on correctly but not hear a ring tone if you have your volume settings on your phone set way too low. On the Start screen press the volume up key repeatedly. There is a number indicator on the upper left hand corner of your screen that should tell you if the volume is loud. Turn the volume up and see if you can hear your SMS and phone messages then. This is simply done by phoning your cell from another cell phone, a landline or your personal computer.
Sometimes the culprit in this situation is having your call forwarding switched on. This would silence your cell phone but it would ring elsewhere. On the Start screen tap the menu item Phone and then go to settings. Find Call Forwarding and switch it to off.
It is also possible that you have chosen to play a ringtone that is somehow not enabled or not audible. Go to Settings and then tap on the ringtone +sounds menu. Open the ringtone list and find the ringtone with a check mark. This is the one you have chosen as your notification or phone call sound. Tap the play button to preview the sound and see if it is audible. If it is not consider trying a different ringtone and see if that is audible on your phone.
Now, to switch your phone to silent mode at any time, all we're going to do is either press up or down on the volume buttons, located on the right side of the phone, just above the power button.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Neither my alarm or my phone are playing any ringtones that I apply?
Also if I try to play a sample of any of the ring tones or text alerts, nothing is happening. I have tried: I have tried to go into settings and find notifications but I don't have that listed. I have tried to find silent mode on my phone using the volume buttons but I only have vibrate or ring and vibrate. If I ring my phone it vibrates once and that is it.. I think it was caused by: I am not sure if I left an alarm ringing on my phone for a really long time as it was set to alarm late night and I didn't turn it off . Or I had a Windows update on my PC that affected my computer for a while - it froze and my phone was connected at the time and I couldn't eject it correctly from the computer.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot your problem.
- 1In the top-right corner, tap on the circle so that the text next to it reads "ring and vibrate".First, press the volume-up button.
- 2Turn on your phone. Press the volume-down and power buttons until the phone vibrates.Secondly, soft-reset your phone.
- 3If that did not help, then, if you have not done so, upgrade to Windows 10 as shown in our tutorial.
- 5Bring the phone there for quick repairs.The last resort for a possible hardware failure is a Microsoft service center.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: VisiHow, sam75, Donna