Turn on Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S5 and Share Your Phone's Screen to the TV or Laptop
Edited by Leomar Umpad, dmoney, Dougie, Oliver and 24 others
The Samsung Galaxy S5 boasts one of the most powerful processors available, a 16-mexapixel camera and tons of special features to help you maintain your health and fitness goals. You can find all our tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 1 Benefits of Screen Mirroring
- 2 Things You'll Need
- 3 How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a TV Using AllShare Cast
- 4 Enable Screen Mirroring on Lollipop
- 5 Enable Screen Mirroring on Marshmallow
- 6 Screen Mirror from Galaxy S5 (Jelly Bean/Kitkat) to a TV Using HomeSync
- 7 How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a Samsung Smart TV
8 Questions and Answers
- 8.1 I cannot start mirroring my Galaxy S5 to my Samsung LED smart TV UAES6220R as the Mirroring is absent in the menu of my TV?
- 8.2 Can't connect Galaxy S5 with AllCast device?
- 8.3 Screen mirroring Galaxy S5 to Laptop?
- 8.4 I have two issues with the MS wireless display adapter. It works fine with the MS 8.1 laptop until the laptop changes modes, log in at this point and then have to reconnect. The other issue is I cannot get the Samsung S5 to connect using the S5 mirror app
- 8.5 Can the screen sharing be done without the accessories?
- 8.6 I do not have an input button on my smart TV remote?
- 8.7 I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone to my Vizio HD TV. with an HDMI cord?
- 8.8 I failed to get a pin request after I tap on the dongle. It simply fails to connect?
- 8.9 Why can't I "share" [on WiFi-direct] a PDF book from Adobe Reader app on my Galaxy S5?
- 8.10 How does AIRPIN Pro and Screen share work?
- 8.11 Connecting Galaxy 5 to Apeman Mini Projector - does it require WiFi?
- 8.12 Hi This is Antony; I am trying to use screen mirroring to TV from S5 phone?
- 9 Comments
Benefits of Screen Mirroring
Screen Mirroring allows you to project your Samsung Galaxy S5's display onto larger displays, such as televisions or computer monitors. You can enable Screen Mirroring by connecting an All-Share Cast dongle, HomeSync or Miracast device to your display. Once your Galaxy S5's screen has been mirrored, you can enjoy the multimedia files, games and other content on your phone on a nice, big display.
Things You'll Need
Depending on which method you use, you'll need to acquire and set up the corresponding external accessory:
- 1Buy the All-Share Cast Wireless Hub on Samsung's official site.All-Share Cast Wireless Hub - Allows you to mirror your Galaxy S5's screen directly to your HDTV.Advertisement
- 2This device also allows you to store your multimedia files on a large capacity home cloud. Buy a HomeSync device on Samsung's official site.HomeSync - Allows you to stream your Samsung Galaxy S5's home screen to your TV.Advertisement
- 3See listings of Miracast receivers on Amazon.Miracast - Acts as a receiving device for streams from your phone, simultaneously decoding them for your TV or other supported display.
- 4Buy an HDMI cable on Samsung's official site.HDMI Cable - Transmits high-definition media data from a mobile device to a receiving display such as an HDTV.
How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a TV Using AllShare Cast
Follow these steps to mirror your Samsung Galaxy S5 display to your TV screen:
- 1Make sure your television is powered on before performing any of the other steps to mirror your Galaxy S5 screen.Turn on your television.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S5 (Jelly Bean/Kitkat)
- 4One of them should be the AllShare cast dongle.You phone will now list all the detected nearby devices.
- 5Samsung Galaxy S5's device name will then be displayed on the screen, indicating that the connection is successful.Select the AllShare Cast's dongle name and enter the PIN as showed on your TV's screen.
- 6You can now open or play any file, and anything shown on your phone will also display on your TV. You can control the display on your TV using the keys on your Samsung Galaxy S5.Screen mirroring from your Samsung Galaxy S5 is now complete.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Lollipop
Enable Screen Mirroring on Marshmallow
Screen Mirror from Galaxy S5 (Jelly Bean/Kitkat) to a TV Using HomeSync
To do screen mirroring from your Samsung Galaxy S5 to your TV using Home Sync, follow these procedures.
- 1This is very basic, but some people may forget this very simple step. Make sure that your TV is powered on before attempting to use it for screen mirroring.Turn on your television.
- 2Some models have a built-in battery on it so they work without power or are minimized so that they take power from the TV. However, to prevent any problems during the connection, see to it that the charger is connected to the HomeSync device.Connect the charger to the power socket of the Home Sync.
- 3Using an HDMI cable, connect your TV to your HomeSync device.
- 4Wait for the connection to be established.
- 7If you do not have the application on your device yet, [https//play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.homesync download HomeSync from the Play Store].From the list of applications on your phone, tap on "HomeSync" to open the application.
- 8From the Home Sync application, tap on the "Menu" key (lower-left soft key) to view available options, tap on "Screen Mirroring" to initiate screen mirroring on your devices.
- 9The screen of your Samsung Galaxy S5 will now be displayed on your TV's screen.
- 10You have successfully enabled screen mirroring from your Samsung Galaxy S5 using HomeSync.
How to Screen Mirror from Samsung Galaxy S5 to a Samsung Smart TV
Using the Smart TV, you can cast your Samsung Galaxy S5's screen directly
- 1On your Smart TV's remote, press the "Input" button or "Source".
- 2On your Smart TV's screen, select "Screen Mirroring".
- 3To enable Screen mirroring on your phone, choose an Android version below and follow the steps:
Questions and Answers
I cannot start mirroring my Galaxy S5 to my Samsung LED smart TV UAES6220R as the Mirroring is absent in the menu of my TV?
If you are using the Allcast method to connect your phone to your TV, mirroring will not be an option as all it has are apps that you can stream from phone to TV. If you want full mirroring feature, you will need to purchase an MHL to HDMI adapter for your phone. This will give you full mirroring from the phone to your TV screen. Check out the adapter here:
Can't connect Galaxy S5 with AllCast device?
It begins the connection, then It switches screen mirroring off and gives me a message "screen mirroring has been switched off"
This happened after the Lollipop update. Frustratingly there are a few solutions you have to try one at a time:
- 1Within your TV settings, see if there is an available update for your TV.
- 2A pin will appear and put that in to connect again.When connecting to your TV, hold down on the named TV screen mirroring link on your phone during connection.
- 3Then find the WiFi connection and pair again.Turn off your WiFi on your phone until you begin the connection pairing sequence with the TV.
- 5You will not lose data.Put your phone into Recovery Mode and select Wipe Cache Partition.
So try these solutions and see which one resolved your AllShare issue.
Screen mirroring Galaxy S5 to Laptop?
Help, I want to ask how do I screen mirror my Galaxy S5 to my Windows 8 Laptop if possible?
Yes, you can mirror your S5's screen on your Windows 8 Laptop. In fact, it's pretty easy to do! Just follow these steps:
- Visit this web page and download and install Samsung SideSync to your Windows 8 Laptop.
- Next, download the SideSync app from the Google Play Store and install it on your S5.
- Once the app is installed on both your Laptop and your mobile device, connect your S5 to your Laptop either by USB or WiFi. SideSync should automatically start.
- Select the mode you would like to run and enjoy accessing your phone right on your Laptop!
I have two issues with the MS wireless display adapter. It works fine with the MS 8.1 laptop until the laptop changes modes, log in at this point and then have to reconnect. The other issue is I cannot get the Samsung S5 to connect using the S5 mirror app
Staying connected to the laptop when the laptop goes into login and cannot connect S5 to the MS wireless display adapter.
You need to update the firmware for the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. For some reason, only 1 out of 10 Samsung devices connect properly to the MSWDA. With the firmware upgrade they claim to resolve this. What happened was Samsung pushed out a firmware update and all of a sudden no one could connect to the MSWDA. Microsoft scrambled and sent out a firmware update into the Windows Store to aid in connection issues.
Can the screen sharing be done without the accessories?
I have a WatchESPN app running on my Samsung S5 and want to view that screen on my Samsung Smart TV
Unfortunately, there is no way to share your screen to the TV without using any accessories. However, if you're not interested in buying an AllShare cast dongle and paying about $200, there are cheaper ways to mirror your Samsung device screen. By using an Adapter like the HDMI EPL 3FHU, which is about $30, you can share your screen on the TV. Follow the steps below to learn how to use this adapter:
- 1You can purchase the HDMI EPL 3FHU adapter from many electronics stores, or purchase it directly from Amazon.
- 4Now plug the converter end of the adapter into the USB port of your Samsung device.
- 5If not, select a different HDMI port.On your TV HDMI selection you should see your phone screen.
- 6*Note make sure your TV is MHL compatible and your phone supports MHL.Enjoy screen-sharing mode with your new HDMI EPL 3FHU Adapter.
If you have any additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section.
I do not have an input button on my smart TV
This depends on the TV brand you purchased. Some have the input menu on Channel 2 and you toggle down and select. Others have it within the Settings menu on the TV. For some remotes, you push the DVD button to toggle between inputs. Others say HDMI and not input. Then there are the TV's that display the input on the screen once you connect a device into the ports of the TV.
I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy 5 phone to my Vizio HD TV. with an HDMI cord?
I have a Universal MHL Adapter from AUVIO. Have tried 2 different ports and I am not connecting. It isn't a smart TV
Here are a few solutions. Try them one at a time:
- 1Put your phone into Flight Mode and then connect to the TV.
- 2Make sure your HDMI cord is working by connecting a different device.
- 3Connect the HDMI, and the MHL is connected and then connect the phone.
- 4Check to see if you are on the right input.
- 5Plug in the power cord the MHL adapter.
I failed to get a pin request after I tap on the dongle. It simply fails to connect?
I went through all the steps getting as far as finding the dongle. After tapping it, it tries to connect but does not complete. One thing that concerns me is some setup screens online show the AllShare Cast. I do not see that
What device are you using? Can you try a different screen mirroring app and connecting that way? Is your TV a Smart TV and has it's own connections such as WiFi Direct? Wipe your Cache Partition if the phone is not connecting. Also the dongle will need a power source and be connected to the TV via HDMI before your AllShare Cast will open.
I am not able to connect to my SmartTV UN32EH3500 from my Galaxy S5. I keep getting a sending failed" and under it "file sharing not available". Both the TV and phone seem to be connected. So why can't I connect wirelessly?
Smart TV's are not set up for filesharing documents. You could try to download an Ereader from Google Play in the TV or use a medium like a Chromecast dongle or Amazon FireStick to read PDF's on your TV.
I have a smartphone (Samsung note) and an Android TV box (Xtremer multi-console), I installed an app named screen share on both devices to mirror screens and it works perfect no buffering at all, but the Xtremer console (TV box) has a built-in app named AirPin Pro and it cannot mirror the same way the Screen share app does. The connection from Airpin is too slow but has more features. Am I missing something here?
The AirPin Pro was one of the first screen mirroring applications out there. First, see if there is an update for the app within your Xtremer console settings. Then try to use the connections with AllShare Cast or Samsung Beam. You will want to be on the same WiFi network for this to work properly. It really works better with an iPhone to pair to an Android box which is why it is still on Android box consoles.
Connecting Galaxy 5 to Apeman Mini Projector - does it require WiFi?
Just purchased APEMAN Mini Video Projector DLP Pocket LED Portable Projector, to stream movies from Galaxy 5 when out in the field. Then they told me I need a Miracast (which was not in any of the reviews or comments or descriptions). From your description, it seems that one needs to be in a WiFi network for this to work. Is that correct? If so, I will have to return the projector, as the whole point was to use it when on a military deployment. Asking for a clarification. None of the answers explicitly say that it is necessary to be in a WiFi network. I have tried: Nothing, product is still in the box, trying to figure out what I need to start. I think it was caused by: Lack of information from manufacturer. And this website is frustrating me, as it will not accept any of my brief answers.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Hi This is Antony; I am trying to use screen mirroring to TV from S5 phone?
As you have indicated I tried to tap on the screen mirroring button which was grey. It goes and searches for nearby devices and shows as "no devices found" and the icon remains grey. My question is how do I make this icon green? I am using anycast device. Thank you.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.