Turn Your IPhone Into a Wifi Hotspot
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Eng, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz
Just like the smartphones that run the Android operating system, Apple iPhone can also be turned into a WiFi hotspot. I will show you how to do that in this tutorial. The steps are provided below.
Set Up WiFi hotspot
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- There are some providers that require a separate data plan to enable this function. If your phone is locked to a provider, it is highly recommended that you contact them to get some advice. In most cases as well, this function is not allowed if you are on prepaid or having very low credit in your account.
- If you are on a limited data plan, there is a high likelihood that this will not be allowed on your phone. However, if it is, regulate your usage or the usage of the person you are sharing it with as that can easily consume your data plan allocation.
- It will be very helpful to change your password from time to time. There are cases where people can just get into your personal hotspot without you knowing it. Not only will that tend to slow down your internet connection, it makes you prone to getting hacked as well.
- Never use very predictable passwords to avoid unallowed connections.
- Turn off your personal hotspot when you don't need it. Not only will it consume your battery a lot, it is also very risky because it opens your device to potential threats.
- It is ideal that you use personal hotspot only to share your internet connection to your other devices. If you would have to share it to other people, make sure that you can trust them. Avoid allowing strangers to share it with, such as when you are in the airport or other public places.
The Evolution of WiFi Through the Years
Internet connection used to be only necessary at home or in the office. However, through the years, it has indeed evolved a lot. Nowadays, people can't live without it anymore. Communication has definitely become much faster and easier because of internet connection. Here are some of the most common reasons why people need to have WiFi connection all the time:
- 1Regular text messages are slowly getting replaced by web-based instant messengers. Not only are these cheaper, it also allows for other functions which are not possible with regular text messages. For example, emoticons are now more dynamic, compared to earlier years when emoticons are simply made out of colons and parenthesis. At the same time, instant messengers also allow for simultaneous file transfers. This makes it a totally convenient choice as compared to regular text messaging.Instant messaging.