Turn Your Black Dress Into a Unique Party Dress
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Lynn, Nlangster, Eng and 1 other
Wouldn't you like to look your best at any party you are attending? If so, then get that black dress out of your closet now and be the center of attention, and perhaps the envy of the other girls. Why black? Ever wondered why black dresses have become the favorite for parties and many other formal and special occasions? This is because you can pair them with almost anything without the worry of putting together a mismatched ensemble. Because of all this, black has become the universal color. Being classy and elegant does not mean you need to spend a fortune on a dress. With a few of the right accessories and a little "updating", you can turn your simple black dress into a classy one fit for an evening party.
Alter The Look of Your Simple Black Dress
- 4Colors add a little more life to your black dress and if you are creative, experimental and bold, then you can be an instant trendsetter. Try to add an unexpected hue to your little party dress, like:Experiment with colors.
- A bright or pastel-colored belt.
- Red shoes and handbag, or blue shoes and handbag, etc.
- Bright-colored scarf.
- 5If you don't feel like you want to top your dress with a cardigan, maybe a pretty shawl can help you achieve a unique party look. Make a statement too with a scarf or a wrap draped around your neck. It creates a sexy yet elegant effect with your outfit.Top it with a houndstooth shawl.
- 6Add a lace or shear dress, also black, over your dress. This works best if it's longer than the dress beneath it.Shear over dress.
- 7Remember that any party dress will always be perfect with the right hairstyle and footwear.Be sure you are not too busy working on your dress.
Choosing the Right Dress for Your Body Type
Spending so much time shopping for that right party dress is not enough. If you want to look good, don't just settle for a pretty dress. Go for one that will perfectly complement your body type. The right dress for the right body shape - what else could be the result? A perfect and stunning YOU!
- 1If you are a pear, (characterized by small shoulders and breasts, a wider waist, and very generous hips). A halter dress will just be perfect for you. This will highlight one of your best features, the shoulders. Halters create an illusion of a perfect triangular shape, making the hips look smaller too.Pear shape.
- 4A rectangle shape (masculine body shape, straight, lacks curves and definition) can be enhanced with flared dresses. This can help create an illusion of defined waist. Dresses with halter necks or medium-neckline will be a good idea for a dress for someone with a rectangular shape. Dresses that need belts are no-nos.Rectangle.
- 5Just add flashy, chunky jewellery to your dress. How wonderful that at this moment, big jewellery, especially necklaces, is a huge trend in fashion.Jewellery.
- Don't get overdressed. While it is good to dress up, overdressing is a big no-no. When you are invited to a party. Make sure that you dress properly in accordance to the gathering, but not more than the host (if you are one among the guests). Be modest enough to let her shine at a party she threw
- Accessorize properly. Putting on accessories sometimes will only ruin your look. Yes, even a wrong choker will put all your effort to waste.
- Don't forget to always carry with you, your confidence. Confidence can make you more attractive, and even a standout. Be ready to catch everyone's attention.
- If you are taking this dress from a look at work, to a party after work, don't forget to pack shoes, jewellery and a small bag.
Categories : Fashion
Recent edits by: Eng, Nlangster, Lynn