Turn On or Off Viber Incoming Calls on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Gordon, Jen M, Eng and 4 others
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this tutorial, using the 'Viber' application, we can set 'Viber' to receive regular incoming calls. We will show you how to turn that feature On and Off using Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3The Viber tile has a purple background with the Viber logo in white in the middle. The Viber logo is a speech bubble with a telephone in it. If Viber is not pinned to the home screen, swipe from right to left to view the 'App menu'. Find 'Viber' in the App menu and tap it. Once the app has loaded, we will need to find the settings menu.Find and tap the Viber tile to open the 'Viber' application.
- 4The menu icon appears as an ellipsis or three dots. The menu icon is accessible from any section of the application. All three sections, "calls", "contacts", and "chats," will have the menu icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.Tap the menu icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to open the options menu.
- 7It is the second option in the "messages and calls" settings. In this example, there is a glitch in the app where the label reads "Off", but the switch is set to the right, or 'On'. If the switch icon is set to the right and colored purple, the setting is on regardless of what the label says. The default setting to receiving incoming calls is for the option to be enabled.Look for the section labeled, "Viber In-calls", where we will find the switch that turns the option to receive incoming calls 'On' or 'Off'.
- 10If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.This concludes the tutorial on how to turn 'On' and 'Off' the option to receive incoming calls with the 'Viber' application while using the Microsoft Lumia 535.
Video: Turn On or Off Viber Incoming Calls on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Why cannot I receive incoming calls on Viber when Viber is not open?
Incoming calls are not received if Viber icon is not open
- 1Swipe the screen left.Press the home button.
- 2Tap on "Settings".
- 3Tap on "background tasks".
- 4Disable them all if possible.Allow as few applications to run in the background as possible.
- 5Uninstall Viber
- 6Go back to "Settings" as shown in steps 1-2.
- 7Tap on "storage check".
- 8Clear temporary files.
- 9In "Settings", tap on "ringtones+sounds".
- 10Uncheck "all other notifications".
- 11Press and hold the volume-down and power buttons until the phone soft-resets itself.
- 12In "Settings", tap on "storage check" again.
- 13Clear temporary files.
- 14Reinstall Viber.
Solution 2. Watch our tutorial on how to turn on or turn off Viber message notifications. Basically, you will need to disable all of the notifications and re-enable them again.
- 1Open Viber.
- 2Go to the "settings" menu.
- 3Tap on "Notifications".
- 4Uncheck "use push notifications" and "show message preview".
- 5Reboot the phone.
- 6Repeat steps 1-3 and check "use push notifications" and "show message preview".
- 1Uninstall and reinstall Viber.
- 1Press the home button.
- 2Swipe the screen left.
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4Tap on "WiFi".
- 5Tap on "advanced".
- 6Check "keep WiFi on when screen times out".
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: Maria Quinney, VisiHow, muhammadk1970