Turn On Click to Play Plugins in Google Chrome
Edited by Djinu, VisiHow, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In the previous tutorial, we changed background images. This is a tutorial on how to turn on click-to-play plug-ins in Google Chrome. That means that we can play Flash applications on web sites only when we want to.
- 1Go to http://www.speedtest.net. A Flash web application will be loaded automatically.Advertisement
- 10Now, reload the http://speedtest.net web page. You will see the Flash application is grayed out. It reads "Control-click to play Adobe Flash Player".
This has been a VisiHow tutorial on how to turn on click-to-play plugins in Google Chrome. If you're having trouble disabling plugins and choosing to play them on a case-by-case basis using the Google Chrome settings panel, then simply leave your questions, comments, or suggestions in the area below; and we'll do our best to get back to you. Thanks for choosing VisiHow! Have a great day!
See more tutorials on Chrome:
- Disable Facebook Desktop Notifications
- Disable Notifications
- Use Data Miner
- Mute Tabs
- Change the Background Image
- Enable Click-to-Play Plug-ins
- Change the Download Location
- Automatically Open Downloads
- Install "Dark Mode".
Video: Turn On Click to Play Plugins in Google Chrome
Questions and Answers
How to enable click-to-play plug-ins in Google Chrome?
How to enable click-to-play plugins in Google Chrome
- 1In both Google Chrome Canary and Google Chrome, you need to click the icon in the upper-right corner. This icon has three lines in Google Chrome or three dots in Google Chrome Canary.
- 2Click "Settings".
- 3In "Settings" under "Chrome", click "Show advanced settings...". This will reveal the "Privacy" section.
- 4Click "Content settings..."
- 5Scroll down to the "Plugins" section.
- 6Click "Let me choose when to run plugin content" to click plug-ins before you can view them.
There is no user reviews.