Turn Off Samsung Pay Turning Off Samsung Pay vs Removing Samsung Pay
Edited by Chris Stipe, Eng, Maria Quinney
Are you looking to turn off Samsung Pay? Regardless of the reason in which you want to turn off Samsung Pay, following this how-to guide will show you not only how to turn it off, but remove it too (if you wish). With all of the options to turn off, uninstall or disable Samsung Pay, your phone will need to be rooted. Need to root your phone? Follow our guide on how-to Root Phone Without PC.
You will, however, be able to turn it off/disable it if you don't want to pursue the path of rooting your phone. Rooting your phone will void your warranty!
Please note that Samsung Pay is only available in certain countries, and only available on certain Samsung devices, so only those specific devices in those countries will even have Samsung pre-installed on their device.
Method 1: Turning Off Samsung Pay
Before you can proceed, your device must be rooted. Follow the how-to guide linked above to root your device to carry on through this guide.
Once your device is rooted, we are going to look at the first and easy method of turning off Samsung Pay by disabling it in the app manager. To do so, simply follow the steps below:
- 4Locate and tap on "Samsung Pay". Scroll down through the list of apps until you get to ones that begin with S, as the list is organized alphabetically.
- 5Tap on the green "Disable" button. This button is usually found in place of the "Uninstall" button near the top of the app details page. You will only see the "Disable" button if you have successfully rooted your phone.
- 6You have no successfully turned off Samsung Pay.
- However, disabling Samsung Pay will only turn off the app from using system resources and remove the app's functionality, it will not remove/uninstall it from your device. To uninstall Samsung Pay, continue on to the next method below.
Method 2: Removing Samsung Pay
If you don't want to turn off Samsung Pay and stop it from working but want a more permanent solution like removing/uninstalling the app. You can do that too! It just requires a few more steps then just turning it off/disabling it, like in the first method described above.
Reminder: To remove/uninstall Samsung Pay, your phone must be rooted. Follow the how-to guide posted in the link at the very beginning to root your phone. Remember, rooting your phone will void your warranty.
- 8In this list of apps, locate and tap on the "Samsung Pay" app (You might need to tap on the backup/restore tab near the top first to access the app list). This should initiate a pop-up window with certain actions.
- 9Tap on the "Uninstall" button for Titanium Backup to completely remove Samsung Pay from your device. If at any time you want to use Samsung Pay again, you will have to redownload it from the Google Play Store.
- If you don't want to uninstall Samsung Pay but want to stop it from using system resources and running in the background, you can tap on the "Freeze" button, instead of the "Uninstall" button. In doing so, if you want to use Samsung Pay again, you would just tap "Unfreeze" to bring back the functionality of the app and its services.
- 10You have now successfully uninstalled Samsung Pay or stopped it from running on your phone.
There is no user reviews.