Turn Lightbulbs Into Oil Lamps
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Robbi, Lynn, Jen M and 2 others
Even a dump may be used as a new thing by changing its purpose. A light bulb which is no longer of use may be converted into oil lamps which would be helpful in times of calamities and brownout strikes. Here are some steps on how to convert light bulbs to oil lamps.
- 1The things needed are the following:Advertisement
- Light bulbs that have burned out
- Towel or any cloth that will be used in cleaning the light bulb
- Stand of the light bulb
- Water to use in washing the light bulb
- 2Remove the cover of the light bulb.Advertisement
- 3Clean and remove what is inside the light bulb.
- 4Wash it with water after removing what is inside the light bulb.
- 5Wipe it with a towel or any dry cloth to avoid the mixture of water and the oil.
- 6Place a hole in the cover of the light bulb so that later on, the other edge of the thread will be placed there.
- 7Place the thread inside the light bulb and be sure that it is long so that you will not always be changing the thread.
- 8Don't put all the threads inside light bulb because the other edge of the thread will be placed on the hole of the light bulbs' cover.
- 9Put the oil inside the light bulb.
- 10Attach the other end of the thread in the hole of the light bulbs cover and loosing a part of the thread outside the hole.
- 11Put the cover of the light bulb.
- 12Light the thread in the cover of the light bulb.
- 13Place the light bulb oil lamp in the stand for it to be supported.
- 14And now you have just finished making oil lamps using light bulb.
- Make your thread longer so that you will only have to pull it when the tip of the lighted thread turns into coal.
Questions and Answers
What are the best places to buy used oil lamps?
A local Antique shop will carry oil lamps for you and your home. Also you can visit your local Wal-Mart in order to find brand new oil lamps but if you are specifically looking for used oil lamps you can visit Antique shops as well as www.ebay.com.
Can you use any kind of oil when you turn an old light bulb into an oil lamp?
Can you use regular cooking oil or does it have to be a special lamp oil?. I have tried: I have only used old fashioned oil lamps.. I think it was caused by: I do not want an oil that is going to emit a lot of smoke when I light it.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Repurposing Crafts
Recent edits by: Donna, Jen M, Lynn