Turn Data Roaming ON on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Monika, Eng and 1 other
The roaming feature needs to be enabled if you want to use internet based features like web browsing and email while you're outside your country, or outside your network area. This feature is useful when you are on vacation or a business trip, but be warned: data roaming is typically very expensive. Use sparingly and definitely check the rates with your cellphone carrier because data rates are often shockingly expensive. See below on how to enable and disable the roaming features.
Instructions to Enabling or Disabling Roaming
- 1Tap on "Applications" on your phone's menu to open other options.Advertisement
- 2Look for "Settings" (the gear icon), and tap it.Advertisement
- 3Tap on "Connections" to get to the next page.
- 4Touch "More networks", then the "Mobile Networks".
- 5On this section, you'll find your "Data Roaming".
- 6Tick it to enable the feature, or un-tick it to disable the feature.
Another Way to Enable and Disable Roaming
- 1Contact the network carrier and request to enable or disable roaming on your phone.
- 2They will send you an automatic authentication to enable or disable the roaming.
In general, it refers to the extension of connection service in a different location that is far from your home or the country or outside of your network area. The word "roaming" started or that originated from Global System for Mobile (GSM), which can also be applied to Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology. Users can get phone calls, receive text messages and data service while traveling outside their network coverage, or outside their country.
Two Types of Roaming
- 1Arranged from a network provider, such as phones, tablets and any other devices that run through SIM.SIM Based roaming.
- 2This is an operator-to-operator based agreement system with their GSM support.Username and password roaming.
Roaming agreements and Process
- 1The GSM association standardized the agreement for roaming to all its members, as authorization and authentication can comprise billing of the visiting subscribers that typically comprise minimal safety standards.Roaming agreement.
- 2There are two types of processes.Process.
- Location update.
- Maintenance of service is possible whenever there is an agreement between home and request services from the network that may also be denied from the visiting network.
- The visited network may contact the home network per request of the user that may use IMSI digits.
- Once successful, the network begins a temporary record for the user, cloned from the home network provider. It will indicate the host network with information sent to that device properly.
- Mobile terminated call. These are types of cellular networks. This is enabled when a call is made for roaming cellphones.
- Dialling mobile numbers with MSISDN.
- Calls will be routed to Mobile network.
- MAP SRI messages contains the MSISDN.
- The MSRN will be sent back to HLR in the MAP.
- Location update.
- 1This refers to moving from one region to another inside the national coverage of mobile operators. Regional roaming is rarely offered to users, except in United States and other countries with wide geographical areas.Regional Roaming:Advertisement
- 2This refers to moving from one network carrier to another. There is also a consideration if the mobile was made for a specific network that you may not be able to jump to another carrier.National Roaming:
- 3This refers to moving from one country to another using one network provider.International Roaming:
- 4This is only used for CDMA customers.Inter Standards Roaming:
- 5This allows an access point to get a mobile signature from any end-user.Mobile Signature Roaming:
- 6This is a network element belonging to the same operator(s) in different locations.Inter MSC Roaming:
- 7This is for users to have permanent roaming or be off network.Permanent Roaming:
- 8Routing calls within local tariff.Trombone Roaming:
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, Monika, Lynn