Turn Data Roaming ON on Samsung Galaxy S2
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Eng, Christine dela Cruz and 1 other
Data roaming is meant for users who are going abroad and required to enable the service for email, browsing and other data services or usage. Regular charges may apply. To prohibit unwanted charges, you can disable roaming and data roaming at the same time and use a WiFi network connection for your email and any other stuff.
Things to be Careful with When Data Roaming is ON
- 1Downloading apps. This consumes a lot of data and if you are on data roaming, it may mean that you will have to pay a lot later on. If you really have to download apps, make sure that you are only doing so for ones that you urgently need, otherwise wait for the time that you have an unlimited internet connection, such as WiFi.Advertisement
- 2Streaming videos. This task also consumes a lot of data. If you really want to watch videos during your trip abroad, it's better if you download them onto your phone prior to your trip. This way, you can watch your videos later on, even without an internet connection. It therefore won't be consuming your roaming data. For security reasons, it's a good idea to turn off your roaming data when you are watching videos to make sure that it won't lodge through that connection, especially that it's not necessary anymore.
- 3Online games. Games that are web-based are like videos, and they consume a lot of data. Make sure that you only play games that are app-based, meaning, it won't require an internet connection for you to play it. Games can be very addicting and it hooks you into spending a lot of time collecting treasure, crushing candy and shooting the bad guys. Therefore, if you are using roaming data for web-based games, you may end up getting a nasty surprise with a huge bill when you get back to your home country. Be very selective about what you run on your smartphone as you might regret it later on.
- 4Uploading huge files to cloud-based storage sites. If you would like to upload a 5GB file to your Dropbox for example, you may want to delay it to a later time when you are not using your roaming data anymore. To transmit the file with such a size, it will consume a lot of your data plan. If you do upload several files, it may mean that a huge amount of your data plan has just been consumed.
- 5Uploading large photos to social media sites. Not only will the social media site itself consume your roaming data plan, the uploads will consume even more. Simply browsing through your news feed will be okay, but uploading albums and albums of photos will be a different story. It will also be rather different when you browse through your news feed and you watch every video that you see on it. It will be equivalent to watching the videos directly.
- 6Video calls. Video calls consume a lot of your data plan the same way that watching a video does. Therefore, if you really have to make a video call, make sure you do it when you are on unlimited WiFi. Not only will the video call use up a lot of your data, chances are the connection will be unstable because you are on Data Roaming.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Eng, Lynn