Turn Data Roaming ON on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Eng, Christine dela Cruz and 1 other
All network carriers support this kind of technology to provide service for the user who is far from home or from his or her home country. The roaming system is a type of network connection over satellite to receive text messages, calls, data service, MMS and any other communications.
Here are the steps on how to do it on a Samsung Galaxy Note II (2).
- 1Turn on your phone first.
- 2On the home menu screen, tap on the "Applications" icon to get in to the next section.
- 3Now, tap or touch the gear icon to get to your settings.
- 4Look for "More Options" to get in to the next page of settings.
- 5Now choose "Mobile Networks" from the list of options.
- 6Tap or touch "Global data roaming access" from the list, and select what you prefer for your roaming:
- You can select "Allow access for all trips". Once enabled, wherever you go, you can get access from roaming at any time of the day and to which country you would go.
- You can also select "Allow access only for this trip". This means if you go outside your home country for this time, then once you are back in your home land, it will automatically disable the feature.
- You may select "To allow any data roaming". This means you can turn off the roaming feature.
Important Things to Consider When Your Data Roaming is On
- 1That means that you do not need to worry about always having to set it up each time you travel. You can rely on continuous service each time you stay in another country.It is very convenient to set it as the steps mentioned above, especially when you travel a lot.
- 2This is because roaming service usually charges way higher compared to normal service. Therefore, if cellular data is on and you are also on roaming, you may end up getting surprised with seriously hefty charges. What happens is that usually, roaming will not be activated unless cellular data is turned off. Conversely, cellular data will not be turned on when roaming remains to be active. However, if you are on a very good data plan, this may be allowed to occur simultaneously.There are service providers which do not allow both cellular data and roaming to be active simultaneously.
- 3Some countries, especially those which service providers do not have a partnership with your service provider within the country, may charge more than those with a good partnership. This is because transmittal of data and communication is more difficult without that connection.Charges for data roaming may vary from one country to another.
- 4Paid WiFi in hotels, for example, is still cheaper compared to data roaming charges. Hotels usually offer unlimited usage over a period of time. It can be from one day to several days depending on the duration of your travel. In most cases, as well, there are free wifis available, especially in common areas where there are a lot of travelers. This is a facility that is becoming more and more common these days.Even when you are on data roaming, it may save you a lot if you maximize every chance that you can have access to WiFi, whether or not it is free.
- 5This will ensure that you are not consuming too much of your data plan.Even when you have data roaming activated all the time, it may help if you are going to do offline reading and then turn off your data roaming temporarily.
- 6Keep in mind that these will all contribute to your data plan consumption. Before traveling, make sure that you only turn on the apps which are really important, such as email and Google Maps.Consider the number of apps that are on push notification when you are on data roaming.
- 7Therefore, it is advisable to turn off automatic updates and finish them all before or after your trip overseas, unless of course the app that you will be updating is really crucial during your trip. You may also delay the updates to the time that you are using WiFi as that will definitely cheaper compared to using data roaming.Automatic updates for your apps will cause huge consumption on your roaming data plan.
Questions and Answers
Hi, I keep getting messages saying I've lost data connectivity due to incorrectly set roaming?
I'm just a bit confused, that is all.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Eng, Lynn