Turkey Breast with Lemon Sauce and side yellow Rice
Edited by Eng, Robbi
Very fast and easy to cook, delicious recipe.
Turkey Breast Ingredients:
- 11/2kg of Turkey Breasts.
- 2Salt and Pepper.
- 32 table spoons of Butter and Sunflower Oil.
- 14 table spoons of plain Flour.
- 2One Large Lemon.
- 31 table spoon of Mustard.
- 42 glasses of Water.
- 52 table spoons of Butter.
- 63 to 4 mashed Garlic Cloves.
- 71 coarse shopped Coriander.
- 12 cups of long Rice.
- 23 cups of Water.
- 32 mashed Garlic cloves.
- 4Salt and White Pepper.
- 52 Cardamoms pods.
- 62 Bay Leaves.
- 7Pinch of Turmeric (to add a lovely earthy yellow color to the rice).
Preparing and cooking
Roasted turkey breasts
- 3In another Skillet, roast the plain Flour with some Butter and Sunflower Oil until becoming gold, then add the juice of one lemon, 1 table spoon of Mustard, 2 glasses of Water, pinch of Salt and Pepper, while stirring until being well mixed.
- 4Take off the heat, and add the mashed Garlic and Coriander.
Preparing the rice
- 1Soak the rice for at least one hour in cold water.
- 2Roast the mashed Garlic, plus smashed Cardamom pods, and the Bay Leaves, then add the Turmeric.In a bowl, add 2 table spoons of Sunflower Oil, 2 table spoons of Butter.
- 3Bring it to the boil, and then add the Rice.Pour the Water and mix well.
- 5Move away from heat, and keep the bowl closed for 2-3 minutes (it helps the Rice to be well cooked).
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- You may replace Turkey Breasts with Chicken Breasts.
- Don't over toast the Garlic, for it will bring unpleasant flavor if burned.
- Adding Sunflower Oil to the Butter helps raising the burning degree, preventing the Butter from burning quickly.