Treat Swimmers Ear with Homemade Ear Drops
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Jonathan, Robbi and 2 others
Swimming is a sport enjoyed by people all over the world. It is considered recreational and fun, but it's also a great way to stay healthy. Swimming promotes a strong heart and lungs.
Swimming, however, is not without problems. One issue that can crop up is the onset of "swimmer's ear". In fairness, swimmer's ear is not only caused by swimming, but you might end up with this annoying issue, even if you aren't a swimmer. Believe it or not, cases have been reported that directly link to bathing and showering, something you cannot avoid.
Treating Swimmer's Ear Naturally
Any time that you have water standing in the ears it can cause problems. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies that will help with swimmer's ear, but no homemade remedy is a substitute for conventional medical care.
What You'll Need
Gather the things needed to make homemade eardrops.
- 2Water (you could use mineral water).Advertisement
Instructions for Making Eardrops
- 1Boil ¼ to ½ cup of water in a teapot. You can use mineral water.
- 2When the water has boiled, put it in a cup or bowl (heat-resistant).
- 3Add to the water:
- The white vinegar.
- Olive oil.
- Tea tree oil.
- 4IMPORTANT: Wait until the water is lukewarm before using. Test on your wrist like you would milk from a baby's bottle. I personally know someone who is now deaf in own ear due to putting hot oil into his ear to remove wax.
- 5Inserting the homemade drops into your ears when it is lukewarm or cooler.
- Using the eyedropper.
- Simply fill the eyedropper with your mixture.
- Tilt your head to the side.
- Squeeze it into your ear as needed.
- Let it sit for a minute or two.
- You can skip to the 6th step.
- Using the funnel and friend method.
- Get the funnel and the cup with the mixture.
- Ask for somebody's assistance to put the mixture into your ears. Don't do it yourself if it is your first time. You may not be able to control the amount of fluid by yourself. Thus it may cause you trouble and get messy.
- Cover a pillow with a towel (to avoid a mess). You can also use the towel to wipe up any of the mixture that's spilled.
- Put your head on the pillow - on a table or sofa or chair - with the infected ear facing upward.
- When lying on the pillow, relax yourself and ask your assistant to position the funnel in your ear, and very slowly put some into the funnel allowing it to drain into your ear. While he/she is putting in the mixture, relax yourself because it will be jarring, and your first instinct will be to jump up. Don't.
- After putting in the homemade drops, stay lying on the pillow for at least two to three minutes. This is to wait for the fluid to sink into your ears. If you stand up immediately, the homemade drops will not flow into your ears, and will drip out when you sit or stand up.
- Using the eyedropper.
- 6When you do straighten up, put the towel to your ear and tilt your head in the opposite direction to soak up any fluid.
- 7Repeat on other ear if necessary.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Lynn, Robbi, Jonathan