Treat Jaundice with Turmeric Tea
Edited by Deepthi Gottumukkala, Eng, Lynn, estrella sacragon and 5 others
Did you know that Jaundice, considered a serious illness, can be cured by a simple home remedy? Yes, it is possible. Turmeric can be your savior. You can prepare a tasty tea that is both good for your taste buds, as well as your health. Read on to see how.
- 1 What is Jaundice
- 2 Causes of Jaundice
- 3 Symptoms of Jaundice
- 4 Preparation of Turmeric Tea
- 5 Benefits of Turmeric Tea for Curing Jaundice
- 6 Tip
- 7 Warning:
- 8 Questions and Answers
- 9 Comments
- 10 User Reviews
What is Jaundice
An obstruction of the bile ducts causing an excess of the pigment bilirubin, causing the yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes.
Causes of Jaundice
- 1Acute hepatitis.Advertisement
- 2Hemolytic anemia.Advertisement
- 4Excessive breakdown of red blood cells.
- 5Alcoholic liver disease and other liver diseases.
Symptoms of Jaundice
- 1The symptom that's the most common and easiest to identify is the yellowing of skin and whites of the eyes.
Jaundice isn't a very dangerous when the level of bilirubin, one of the waste contents of bile, is low. The symptoms of Jaundice, once detected, are telling you that now you need to take action. Once you detect any symptom of jaundice, it is always best to see a doctor immediately.
Preparation of Turmeric Tea
- 3Pour boiling water into a cup.
- 4Add a teaspoon of the paste and mix well until the paste dissolves.
- 5Squeeze a wedge of lemon into the tea.
- 6Sprinkle some black pepper to your taste, and stir.
Drink it one to two times a day.
Benefits of Turmeric Tea for Curing Jaundice
- 2Improves digestion and boosts the immune system.
- 3Stimulates the gallbladder, preventing indigestion and heartburn.
- 4Removes toxins and bile from the liver system.
- Either on your clothes or skin, turmeric leaves a yellow stain, so be careful not to get any on you.
- 1Improper usage or high dosages of turmeric can cause some side effects like gastrointestinal problems.
- 2Take advice from your doctor regarding using turmeric in your diet, before starting your turmeric tea regime, especially if your problem is related to the liver, stomach or gallbladder.
Questions and Answers
Is turmeric good for post-hepatic jaundice?
I have a little yellow line in the white of my eyes. It comes and goes. Sometimes I have pain in my right side and sometimes my stool is yellow.
Turmeric is highly beneficial for jaundice symptoms. Consume turmeric daily and within a few weeks you will see an improvement with your symptoms. Look for a dosage of 600 mg, 3 times daily.
My wife started turmeric and honey one week ago, today I noticed a bit jaundice eyes only, previously she had bile duct obstruction and the doctor put stent via ERCP and PTC, my question is can she continue drinking turmeric & honey?
My wife started turmeric and honey one week ago, today I noticed a bit jaundice eyes only, previously she had bile duct obstruction and the doctor put stent via ERCP and PTC, my question is can she continue drinking turmeric & honey?. I have tried: Turmeric powder, honey and water. I think it was caused by: I don't know
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.