Treat Digestive Disorders Consuming Garlic
Edited by abdoul sow, Robbi, Lynn, Pia Marie Villamante
Garlic is a perennial plant, and like lavender, is part of the Lamiaceae family. Originally from Japan, China, the United States and Korea, this plant produces large purple flowers and has leaves resembling those of nettles. Garlic is known for its qualities in the kitchen, but also in herbal medicine, particularly to treat digestive and intestinal problems.
Common Digestive Problems
- 2Ulcer is a sore on the intestines which is caused by a break in the skin which is painful to the stomach.Ulcer.Advertisement
- 3Crohn's Disease is a common inflammatory bowel disease which is associated with ulcer.Crohn's Disease.
- 4GERD also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease is caused by stomach acid going up to the esophagus from the stomach.GERD.
- 5IBS also known as irritable bowel syndrome is a condition which involves diarrhea or constipation as it is caused by stress, anxiety or frustration.IBS.
- 6Celiac disease is having difficulty with digesting food in which the intestine is hypersensitive to gluten.Celiac disease.
- 7Gastroparesis mostly happens to a lot of women. This condition slows down the stomach in emptying its content.Gastroparesis.
Benefits of Garlic
Garlic could be used to treat many kinds of disorders, not only digestive disorders. Here are some examples.
- 1This is a very popular plant in Chinese medicine, where it is used as tea.Its powerful aniseed scent may deter those who do not like it, but it is through this that the Agastache is proving so effective in the fight against digestive disorders.