Treat Cavities Naturally
Edited by Shalom, Maria Quinney, Lynn, Robbi and 4 others
Cavities are the culprits of tooth decay. Taking good care of your mouth is essential to avoid cavities. Dental care is expensive, and one of the ways to avoid costly procedures is to take care of your teeth now. Simply put, the longer you leave problems untreated, the more it will cost you. Obviously, preventative measures are the smartest route. Natural treatments are often overlooked, and by reading this VisiHow article, you may learn some of the best measures for preventing tooth decay, are achieved by treating cavities naturally.
How Cavities Are Formed:
Cavities are formed because food debris is left behind on your teeth, in your mouth and on your tongue. Specifically sugary and starchy foods are your enemy because bacteria love these foods, and thrive on them, turning them into acid. Because the enamel of your teeth - the outer surface - is a mineral, the acid quite easily breaks down the enamel. Soon, the acid gets into the dentin, which is below the surface. The bacteria, combined with saliva, will dissolve the enamel of the tooth, creating a hole. That's how you get a cavity.
Often, the first indication you have a cavity is a toothache. If you eat too many sweets, drink too much soda, and don't brush your teeth at least twice a day, it may cause damage to the structure of the teeth that leads to a toothache. Cut down on sweets and foods that promote cavities and avoid eating foods that are high in phytic acid such as nuts and beans. Phytic acid turns into phytates when dissolved by the body. Phytates can suppress the absorption of some nutrients and likely eliminate calcium from the body. If this happens, you will be prone to cavities.
Home Remedies to Help Fight Cavities:
Your teeth remain healthy and strong when you eat nutritious foods that contain calcium. If your calcium level is low, your teeth become weak and vulnerable to tooth decay. In order to prevent cavities, or to keep existing cavities from getting worse:
- 1Brush your teeth twice a day - minimally.
- 3Drink lots of water.
- 4Eat foods rich sources in calcium, such as bone broths, sea foods, grass-fed meat, organic vegetables, liver, gelatin, milk, butter, soy beans, spinach, sardines, etc.Calcium.
- 5Supplements like fermented cod liver oil and magnesium capsules are also recommended.
- 6Wheatgrass Juice.
Home Remedies to Deal With Cavities:
The pain produced by a toothache is an annoying, unrelenting, and is usually unresponsive to usual conventional pain relievers. To deal with the pain of a toothache, try some of the following suggestions:
Tips, Tricks, & Warnings
Now that you know what to do, you can always find a way to hopefully prevent cavities, or ease the pain if you do have one, and get your beautiful smile back.
- Home remedies for cavities are temporary treatments. They can help soothe cavity pain for short time, but they cannot cure cavities.
- Medical treatment is always the best option. If money is a problem, you can try some of the natural homemade treatments above for temporary treatment, until you can. Some compassionate dentists will let you pay in instalments.
- Always brush your teeth at least twice a day, morning and evening (before bed). This will ward off bacteria buildup in your mouth, which causes plaque to form on your teeth.
- When choosing toothpaste, select the ones with fluoride or clove oil as one of the ingredients. These will not only clean your teeth but ease the pain of a toothache as well.
- Essential oils can be harmful when used too much. Add only a generous amount of any essential oil to your tooth.
- Do not eat a lot of sweet, sugary and starchy foods. These are risk factors to tooth decay.
- Drinking lots of water is excellent for the health of your mouth. As it washes over your gums and teeth, it washes saliva containing bacteria and acid from your mouth.