Travel Around London
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Nerissa Avisado, Maria Quinney
London is one of the most wonderful places in the world to visit. In this beautiful city you will find art, history, entertainment, shopping, and any type of cuisine you want. If you are a Beatles fan, a watcher of royalty, or a lover of haute couture, London will have something special for you. It is an amazing and totally awesome place to spend your vacation in. That is why, if you are not joining a tour group, it is important to know how you can travel around London and make the most of your time while you are in this famous city.
The first thing you have to do when you get to London is to check your itinerary against the routes of the different modes of transport in the area. With a little planning, you will be able to pick the most convenient ways to move around, see everything you want to see, and have fun.
Ways to Move around London
- 1London's underground rail network, referred to by locals simple as "the Tube", is the quickest and easiest way to travel around the city. This underground rail system is the largest in the world, and one of the nicest things about attempting to use it is the availability of free maps in the different stations. These maps identify all the lines that the network travels.The Tube:Advertisement
- 2Some local bus routes include the outer areas of London as well as areas across the city's boundaries. These bus routes provide plenty of opportunities for tourists to go sightseeing. All buses are equipped to accommodate persons in wheelchairs.Buses:Buses are probably the cheapest and most convenient means of transportation in London.Advertisement
- 3To travel without the nuisance of traffic and enjoy beautiful sights along the River Thames, take the river bus. The London River Service network is fully integrated with the rest of the city's public transport network such as the buses and the Tube.River Bus Services:
- 4The local trains in London travel above ground, in contrast to the Tube which is built underground. The local trains go through various parts of the city, and they travel beyond the routes that the Tube takes.Local Trains:
Once you have set your itinerary, you can plan the route you will take daily and find out what rides you will take and where the appropriate stations are.
To check London Transport Underground Tube/Train times/schedule and fares you have to use the http://www.tfl.gov.uk/
- 2Then click on Plan Journey.
- 4Then it will show you all the possible routes, all you have to do is pick which route you prefer, you can click on 'View details' to show the exact detail of the route on how to get to your destination from your location.
- 5If you prefer a different language you may also click the option on the upper right side of the site and choose your language from the dropdown and click 'Go'.
- 6You can also plan a return journey by clicking on 'Return Journey' or plan a new journey.
- 7After you choose which route you prefer click on 'View details' and you will have an option to get a PDF copy or print the file or send the route to you via SMS.
- 8This site is your key to get around London, not only as your guide to travel around but also to find amenities or help if you need taxi or anything else just click on Getting Around option.
- 9You can access via computer, tab or your mobile. All you have to do is go to the Live Travel news tab.If you are using a car you can also check the traffic live updates from this site.
Categories : United Kingdom
Recent edits by: Nerissa Avisado, Eng, Timbuktu