Tone Your Thigh Muscles
Edited by Andrea Jaenen, Eng, Alma
If you want to feel better about your thighs, toning them is an excellent step. Whether you're preparing for a summer season full of shorts and dresses or if you just want a little extra shape to your thighs, toning your thighs can help you feel and look better. Your body image will improve and so will your muscles! Here is a handful of tips on how to tone your thigh muscles.
Tips and Tricks to Help You Tone Your Thighs
- 1It's a good idea to know your body before you decide to change it. Your physique can be linked to your metabolism, which varies from person to person. By knowing this, you can adjust your nutrient intake accordingly. You can either trust your intuition or you can take a variety of online quizzes to determine what kind of body type you are.Evaluate Your Body Type First.Advertisement
- 2Hit up your local gym and speak with a trainer or settle down with your doctor and work out what is best for you. Nobody knows bodies better than trained professionals. Speaking with a professional can give you insight to knowledge you ought to know beforehand and better increase your chances of achieving your goal.Speak to a Professional.Advertisement
- 3Have you been running track your whole life? Or have you opted out of gym class since high school? Before you get to toning your thighs, you should know what your limits are first. For some individuals being able to do one hundred squats consecutively is an unrealistic expectation. Work your way up first.Know Your Limits.
- 4Working towards a goal often has more results as opposed to just going to the gym and hoping for the best. Take some measurements beforehand so you can see the results of all your hard work. Set a goal for adding an extra inch of muscle to your thighs or promise yourself to go to the gym twice a week.Set a Realistic Goal.
- 5Do Some Squats.
- 6Add Variety with Jump Squats.
- 7If you're looking just to tighten the appearance of your thighs try to avoid using the machines at the gym. These machines add muscle to your legs, and can cause thighs to look bigger. But if you are looking to strengthen your thighs, go ahead and jump on that leg press.Try to Avoid Machines at the Gym.
- 8Once you've figured out what suits you, build up a regime that fits your needs. Do you always get off of work early on Wednesdays? If so, use that time to hit the gym! Can't be bothered to go for a run on your days off? Don't force yourself! Willpower only lasts for so long, so incorporating this goal into your everyday life guarantees results.Build a Regime.
- 9Why do you want to tone your thigh muscles? Ask yourself honestly and find the right reason. Focus on what you want out of this, and ask yourself whether or not you are ready for a change in lifestyle. Whether you want to change the appearance of your thighs or you want a healthier lifestyle, be certain that you are changing for the right reasons. Changing aspects of yourself is a responsibility, so you should be certain that this is a responsibility you can handle.Change Your Perspective.
- 10Mix it up with Lunges.
- 12You know this already, but if you're looking to lose weight or get rid of body fat, diet is 70 percent of the struggle. Changing your diet to incorporate more greens is beneficial in the long run. Attempt to stick to meats like chicken and fish and ease off of the red meats. Cook with oil instead of butter, and try to cut out artificial sugars that are commonly found in things like pop and candy. While this tip can certainly help you towards your goal of toning your leg muscles, this tip can also help you work a healthier lifestyle overall. Watch out for bad advice that scolds you if you don't stick to certain foods. Remember, don't feel bad about picking a lasagna over a spinach and grilled chicken once in a while. Your body won't instantly bulk up and lose your progress because you enjoyed some pasta. Your body is a near-perfect machine, and it will work to accommodate the extra calories.Maintain a Lean Diet.
- 13Drink Water Before, During, and After.
- 14While this won't actually tone your thighs, getting a tan can give the appearance of tighter looking skin. Try to stay away from tanning beds, and be sure to use sunscreen if you go sunbathing. If you want an instant and temporary change in the appearance of your thighs, consider getting a spray tan or contouring your thighs.Get a Tan?
- 15Try Some Kickboxing Classes.
- 16Yoga is perhaps a slower method of toning your thighs, but yoga can be a lot of fun. You can take classes or you can simply do some yoga at home. This is probably one of the less costly methods of toning your thighs, as you can learn how to do it on your own.Yoga.
- 17Protein is essential for proper muscle growth. Without a good amount of protein, it is nearly impossible to build and repair muscle. So incorporate that protein shake into your diet. Otherwise look to protein-heavy food sources like beans, meat, and eggs.Get Your Protein.
- 18Supplements should only be taken if you have discussed your options over with a professional. Remember that workout supplements should only be taken alongside exercise, as supplements are not a cure-all magic pill. Supplements can be taken to promote healthy and quicker muscle growth as well as aiding in burning off calories.Consider Supplements.
- 19Face it, you are going to be sore. Your body is going to hurt after all your hard work. So take a break once in a while. Your body has to recover and rebuild your muscles after each workout.Take a Break.
- 20Reduce your intake of sugar-artificial sugar, that is. Foods like candy and baked goods can reduce or slow down the amount of progress you are making toward toning your thighs. Believe it or not, an apple full of the right sugars provides you with more and longer lasting energy than a food item that is sweetened artificially rather than naturally.Reduce Sugar.
- 21The most important tip to remember is consistency. Once you have reached your goal of toning your thigh muscles, you have to keep working to maintain that. Keep in mind that it is easier to maintain muscles as opposed to rebuilding them. It is common knowledge that clean eating and frequent exercise leads to a healthier and more beneficial life. So keep up your routine, and looks towards a better quality of life.Keep it up.
Getting Your Results.
Results aren't instantaneous and defining your muscles is a difficult task indeed. Staying motivated and active will be one of your hardest tasks. Remember your goal, keep your chin up and keep going! Soon enough you will get stronger-looking thighs!
Categories : Physical Health
Recent edits by: Eng, Andrea Jaenen