Tell if Someone Is Trying to Scam You over the Internet
Edited by Alice Morell, Eng, Doug Collins, Dougie
Getting scammed over the Internet is most people's worst nightmare. You might never find out who really did it or where they're located, and the chances of them actually getting caught aren't as high as we'd like them to be. However, there are many things that can be done to prevent things like that from happening, and many things you can pay attention to while making online transactions that will help you make sure that you're not falling victim to a scammer. As always, the devil's in the details, so here is an info-graphic outlining the little things that can actually tell you so much about the person you're dealing with"�if he really is who he says he is, and if you're actually going to get what you paid for.
Tell-tale Signs of an Internet Scam
- 1A supposed official e-commerce business email fails to address you by your first and last name, choosing instead a generic greeting like "Dear customer" or better yet, "Friend".Advertisement
- 2The billing country and the IP country (which can be checked via Geo-location) DON'T MATCH.Advertisement
- 3NOTHING IS FREE. Nobody just "gives away" awesome coupons.
- 4The initial estimate is that online fraud is costing the global economy, $100 Billion. The IP is from a high-risk country RUN !!!
- 5You are asked to share way too much personal information, Is your social security umber crucial to the pair of shoes you are attempting to buy? OF COURSE NOT!
- 6The site you want to buy from has NO privacy or refunds policy, or any term of use. What this basically means is that every personal detail you share there will be shared, OR BETTER YET SOLD.
- 7The price of a certain item is unbelievably LOW. You are probably not getting what you think you are getting.
- 8The seller has a poor rating. Some people think they will have better luck than those other people, THEY WON'T.
- 9BEWARE OF suspiciously BAD spelling/Grammar and excessively flowery/old-fashioned language, too!
Quick Reference Internet Scam Guide
Sources and Citations
- All info courtesy of: http://gpndata.com/
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Websites
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, Eng, Alice Morell