Tell by a Woman's Body Language if She Likes You
Edited by Bobby-Jo Keats, Eng, VisiHow, Nuance and 18 others
If you want to know if a woman is interested in you, just watch her body language for non-verbal cues. Whether these are conscious or subconscious, a woman's body language will indicate what she is thinking and feeling. Here are some body language indicators to take note of if you want to know if she's really into you.
- 1She copies your movements. She imitates how you sit or stand or move around. This is called building rapport, and it shows she is paying attention to you.She mirrors your actions.Advertisement
- 2When you are nearby, she abruptly stands up straight or arches her back. She may primp herself by adjusting her clothing or begin standing or walking with perfect posture around you.She adjusts her posture.Advertisement
- 3When you enter a room or speak, she constantly smiles at you. Even if she is passing by you, she glances over to flash you a smile so that you notice her noticing you.She smiles a lot.
- 4She laughs at your jokes, even the lame ones. She giggles more when you're around, or she laughs uncontrollably when you do something funny.She giggles or laughs a lot.
- 5Even if she is across the room, she is always looking your way. When you make eye contact, her gaze intensifies, and she stares at you for a long time before looking away. When you are speaking to her, she stares at you and doesn't look away.She stares at you.
- 6She brushes against you while she is walking by or finds ways to touch you. It might be your arm, or leg when she's talking to you, or she may playfully push you. She finds any excuse to make physical contact with you.She touches you a lot.
- 7She adds you as a friend on social media and likes your statuses and photos. She follows your pages and reads your posts to get to know you better. She may even bring up some of your posts in conversation.She adds and follows you on social media.
- 8She twirls her hair or plays with it by running her fingers through it. She constantly tries to fix her hair or make it look better when you are around her. The 'hair flip' is a particular sign she is interested.She plays with her hair.
- 9When you are talking, her head tilts to the side while she is looking at you. She holds one hand against her cheek as if she is framing her face and waiting for you to notice.She tilts her head sideways when you're talking to her.
- 10She talks to you, and for no apparent reason she starts to blush, and it doesn't go away until you do.She blushes when you sit beside her or stand close to her.
- 1 If She is Flirting With You
- 2 If She Likes You More Than a Friend
- 3 If She is Attracted to You
- 4 What it Means if Her Legs are Crossed
- 5 If She is in Love With You
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Does a girl has some interest in me if she looks at me every time I'm not looking at her, and always sits close to where I sit; and just the other day, she just decided to help me for no reason, and she is always smiling at me until I notice it?
- 6.2 Does she like me or doesn't want me to think that she likes me?
- 6.3 She plays with her bra in front of me does she like me?
- 6.4 Does she like me or is frightened of me?
- 6.5 What if she blinks her eye on you?
- 6.6 If a girl slowly shakes her head to a question, should I be worried?
- 6.7 Hi, can you tell me what does it mean if a girl stares at you?
- 6.8 A family friend rubbed her hand slowly up and down on my back when saying hello?
- 6.9 I need to know what to say to a woman when hit with a surprise attack?
- 6.10 Why did my legs shake today when I told a girl I liked her?
- 6.11 When I sit by her she instead get closer to me do she like me or not?
- 6.12 What does this mean when a woman I'm interested in does this?
- 6.13 I have a co-worker who I'm interested in and can't decode her?
- 6.14 Is this girl into me or am I misreading the signs?
- 7 Comments
If She is Flirting With You
- 1She stares at you intensely and moves her eyebrows in a flirtatious way. She gazes at you until you notice her and then she playfully looks away before looking your way again.She looks at you seductively.
- 2When she has your attention, she seductively licks her lips. This may be while you are talking close, or some distance away but she will make eye contact with you before she runs her tongue across her lips.She licks her lips when you look at her.
- 3She makes physical contact with you often. She finds ways to touch you, rub against you, sit on your lap or wrestle. She gets in your way while you are walking or goes out of her way to squeeze by you and uses the opportunity to touch you in some way.She brushes up against you.
- 4She fidgets with one of her shoes. She plays with her shoe by dangling it half on and half off while she watches you.She dangles her shoe off of her foot.
- 5She waits for you to notice her and then seductively strokes an object. It might be a pen, a tool or even her food. She does this over and over and watches you to see your reaction.She seductively strokes objects when you are looking.
- 6When she passes by you, she walks extra slow with perfect posture. She intensifies her hip movement or stares at you while she walks with her chest out and shoulders back, nice and slow.She walks past you seductively.
- 7When you are looking at her, she plays with her hair. This might be by twirling it, fixing it or running her fingers through it. Even if you are speaking to someone else, she is fidgeting with her hair while she is looking your way, and she doesn't stop.She plays with her hair while making eye contact with you.
- 8She tries to look cute by batting her eyes at you. She often blinks in a flirtatious way and accompanies it with a smile.She bats her eyelashes at you.
- 9She always finds a reason to wink at you. Whether it's something you say or if another person mentions something naughty, she looks at you and winks to get your attention.She winks at you.
- 10She changes her voice to sound sexy when she talks to you. She may talk softer, slower or use a more raspy voice to speak with you than the tone she uses when she is speaking to other people.She uses her sexy voice when she talks to you.
- 11When you are talking close, and she stops watching your eyes and watches your mouth, it's usually an indication she is thinking about kissing you.
If She Likes You More Than a Friend
- 1She keeps you in the loop about parties or events she is going to. She sends you a lot of invites on social media or asks you if you've heard about or are attending places where she is going. She always invites you to come along or meet up there, and if you do, she chats with you a lot.She talks to you a lot and always invites you to places she is going.Advertisement
- 2Somehow she knows where you are spending your night off and shows up with her friends. She might hang out with some of your friends and or try to get close to you at these events. She wants to be where you are and spend time with you while you are having fun, even if it means staring at a distance.She goes to the same events you go to and watches you.
- 3Depending on where you work, she visits your workplace in hopes of catching a glimpse of you or starting a conversation. She might stop in briefly under another pretense on several occasions, but try to run into you so she can hug, brush against or make small talk with you.She visits your workplace to flirt with you.
- 4She wants to know everything about you. She asks you personal questions about your family, your job or your goals. She always wants to know what you are thinking and mirrors your actions when you open up to her.She asks you a lot of personal questions while mirroring your actions.
- 5She adds you to all her social media sites and frequently likes your posts, photos, and videos. Old or new, she is seemingly your biggest fan when it comes to the selfies you post.She adds and follows you on social media to get your attention.
- 6She becomes friends with your friends, or family members ask questions about you and attempt to get involved in the same activities you are. She wants to be close to you even if it has to be with a group of people.She asks your friends or relatives about you.
- 7When she needs a small favor or a little help with something, she always asks you first. She smiles a lot and bats her eyes lashes while she asks you, and afterward, she thanks you profusely and compliments your work.She tries to be cute when asking for your help.
- 8She creates very intimate conversations with you by asking you for advice or discussing something personal with you while being as close to you as possible. She creates the feeling that you share intimate moments, even when it's just conversation.She sits or stands very close to you and asks for your advice.
- 9She says things to make you blush, laugh, think about her, or like her. She stares at you until you react and then engages you further if your reaction is a positive one.She shares personal information with you and stares at you while waiting for your reaction.
- 10She hugs you at every opportunity. She hugs you hello, she hugs you goodbye, and she hugs you at random times, holding on tight and for extended periods of time.She hugs you all the time.
If She is Attracted to You
- 1She changes seats or leaves other conversations so she can be as close to you, wherever you are.She tries to be as close to you as possible.
What it Means if Her Legs are Crossed
- 1This usually means she is uninterested and closed off to flirting or romantic advances. This indicates reservation and privacy.If her legs are crossed tightly.
- 2This usually indicates anxiety, stress or self-restraint. If her ankles are tucked in close to her body, she may be nervous or simply feel awkward at the time. If they are outstretched and relaxed while pointing at you, it might mean she is attracted to you, yet relaxed in your presence.If her legs aren't crossed, but her ankles are.
- 3This indicates that she is interested in you. It usually means you have her attention and she finds you attractive.If her legs are crossed, but her feet are pointing toward you.
- 4If she continues to sit this way around you, it's pretty safe to say she isn't that into you.If her legs are crossed, but her feet are facing away from you, this is an indication that she is not interested in you.
- 5This indicates that while she may be interested in you, she is in a hurry to go somewhere else. She might have something to do or just want to get away.If her legs are crossed, and one of the foot is pointing toward you, and one is pointing away from you.
- 6This shows that she is very much into you and whatever you're saying. She is indicating that she has your full attention and is probably seeking more of yours as well.If her legs are crossed, but she is leaning forward.
- 7This means she is not trying to be noticed and is disinterested in either who is around or what it being discussed.If her legs are crossed, but she is leaning backward.
- 8This indicates that she is impatient or interested but very nervous. The amount of nervousness, impatience or even boredom may be interpreted by how quickly and randomly she is bouncing her leg.If her legs are crossed, but she is bouncing one of her legs up and down.
- 9It signals that she wants you to see her physique and take note.If she is crossing and uncrossing her legs a lot, she may be sending you a signal to notice her by her movements.
- 10Slowly crossing and uncrossing a leg to stretch can be intentionally sensual. If she is stretching one or both of her legs towards you, she is likely trying to draw your attention to her and her legs. Pay attention to where her feet are pointed while she is stretching and if she touches her legs a lot when you are looking her way. This indicates she's into you.If her legs are crossed, but she uncrosses them frequently to stretch one or both legs.
If She is in Love With You
- 1Whether she is happy, sad, scared or excited about something, she reaches for your hand and holds it as long as she can.She holds your hand whenever she can.
- 2She leans over to rest her head on your shoulder or sits on your lap and cozies up to you. She gets close and practically cuddles with you whenever possible.She snuggles up close to you.
- 3She doesn't let go quickly or easily when she hugs you. She holds on to hugs for as long as she can and rubs your back or squeezes you tight before she lets you go.She hugs you for very long periods of time.
- 4She kisses you at every opportunity. When you come, when you go, when you wake up and when you go to sleep. She even hugs you for no reason sometimes.She kisses you good morning and good night.
- 5She gives other girls dirty looks when they talk to you. When she feels threatened by other girls, she gets as close to you as she can and tries to shut down any conversation they are trying to start with you.She gets defensive when other girls flirt with you.
- 6She's constantly smiling at you while you tell stories about how you met or discuss your relationship goals with her. She loves it when you talk about the two of you and sometimes smiles turn into giggles.She smiles when you talk about your relationship.
- 7Wherever you sit, she is right there beside you. Whether you're at a big dinner party or a bar, she sits close beside you and shows others that you are already taken.She always sits beside you.
- 8When another guy shows interest in her or checks her out, she rolls her eyes, gives them a mean look or walks away with a laugh or with sheer disinterest. Even if her body is facing towards them, she quickly turns away and faces toward you instead.She ignores other guys who check her out.
- 9It doesn't matter who is around; she has no problem displaying her affection for you. She kisses you in front of her friends and your friends and doesn't mind if family members see her showing off her man.She kisses you in front of friends.
- 10When you both are in public or at a social event, she stays by your side. She doesn't take off with her friends or try and find something more fun to do. She stands beside you or walks around and mingles with you. She shakes hands with the same people you do and introduces herself to friends who stop and speak with you.She stands next to you and walks around with you at social events.
Questions and Answers
Does a girl has some interest in me if she looks at me every time I'm not looking at her, and always sits close to where I sit; and just the other day, she just decided to help me for no reason, and she is always smiling at me until I notice it?
When I don't look at her, she looks at me until I notice her, always smiling at me. When I was talking to someone else, she looked over at me and was smiling.
It can be flirting, the very romantic feeling: love, or just teasing. At any rate, the best course of action is talking to the person, as all of the signs are showing that at least she is interested in you. Intended proximity, cheerful mood, visual admiration, and altruistic acts often precursors for relationships. You can also watch for subliminal signs: if she directs her toes at you when talking to others in your presence, if she exhales upwards, which means that she is high-spirited, if she changes her pose to yours next to you when you do it, if she opens her legs and arms next to you (crossing them may be sign of desire to be isolated), if she preens herself (adjusts hair, clothes, shoes, skirt, etc.) in your presence, and lifts her eyebrows.
Does she like me or doesn't want me to think that she likes me?
My classmate girl whom I like, but she doesn't know my feeling towards her looks the opposite side whenever I look at her. We normally talk to each other on Facebook, and she is very friendly to me. I have tried: Nothing I just say Hi to her when she is around the class, and she says Hi to me, and I try to act friendly, so she won't suspect that I like her. I think it was caused by: Nothing I just want your help
The only way to know would be to ask her out on a date. She has added you to her social media account which means that she views you as an interest in some capacity. Just ask her to hang out with you and friends if you are nervous about a one on one date. Perhaps see if she is going to an event and request to escort her to the function or tag along.
She plays with her bra in front of me does she like me?
She plays with her bra a lot, and she shows me her shoulder a lot does she like me if she does that? I have tried: Only sit beside her and talk to her a lot and giving her attention. I think it was caused by: I don't know
Playing with her bra might mean nothing more than that is a habit that appears when she is nervous. She is talking to you often and responding nicely to your attention so ask her out! You already have a great communication pattern so do not be nervous to ask her out on a date. The worst she can do is say no but if you wait too long then someone else might ask her out, and you will lose your chance.
Does she like me or is frightened of me?
Thanks for your help. Looking for some advice here. I had a young lady at work who was I thought interested in me. Can I explain and get your thoughts? I have tried: We have not spoken much, to know and cannot talk now. It all started around January with her coming outside and out of the blue asked about my hobbies. She asked what they were, then came outside again a few days later and asked what I liked about my hobby. I have noticed her stroking her hair behind her ear. Looking at me then looking down when I notice her. Trying to work near or around me. Walking over to me when I'm standing talking to another colleague from work, and not noticing it was her till I walked away. Smiling when I notice her. Standing right next to me when making a cuppa in the canteen and turning to look at me when I was looking at what I was making a cuppa in the canteen, could make her out of the corner of my eye. Staring at me when I went into canteen another time. Standing looking at me when working near by.. I think it was caused by: The problem has come to a head, as she has forgiven several mistakes made by me, one was she thought I winked at her when I had eye problems and was linked to that. Once she found out about this, she came around trying to help, and insisting she was not done helping when work was done. Accepting a friend request.
She likes you. It may not be as a love interest but more of a colleague friendship. Next time you make a cuppa in the canteen, make one for her and bring it to her. Ask if she would like to join you doing the hobby that you discussed with her. This will be a way to break the ice and get to know her better. She seemed bothered when you "winked" at her, but maybe that is because she does not want anyone to know at work that she is interested in you.
I don't understand her, what does she mean when she blinks her eye on me. I have tried: To be close to her. I think it was caused by: Caused I approached her
It sounds like her eye blinking is a nervous physical response. Strike up a conversation with her and see where that leads you.
If a girl slowly shakes her head to a question, should I be worried?
At times she'll glance sideways, then look back at me and slowly shake her head to an average question.
This depends on the type of question. Some people shake their head to questions that they feel are inappropriate or silly. Do not read too much into it if she continues to speak to you on a regular basis. It is her action of seeking you out that you should notice above all else.
Hi, can you tell me what does it mean if a girl stares at you?
I don't know why a girl stares at guys, I have seen a girl in my class, I have noticed one thing that whenever I am around her, she plays with her hair. Well, I think she likes me, but I am not sure about it. One more question, why does she do that, she already has a boyfriend! Then also she likes me, she gives some signs of interest, like playing with her hair and staring at me. I have tried: Well I have noticed a thing, whenever she is talking to me she plays with her hair. I think it was caused by: I have no idea, she has a boyfriend then also she likes me, I don't know why!
Just because she has a boyfriend does not mean that she can't find you interesting. Playing with her hair might be a nervous gesture. If you have not expressed an interest in her, then she probably will not approach you. Some people can develop small crushes while in a relationship with someone else. Unless she tells you that she is interested, you can just be pleased with her and ignore the signals. If you are interested in her, your other option is to tell her that although she has a boyfriend, you would like her to know that you are interested in her. The worst that could happen is that she ignores you. No matter what you do, make sure that this does not end up as a regret later on. If you value her friendship, then keep your distance romantically.
A family friend rubbed her hand slowly up and down on my back when saying hello?
I am 51; she is 67. It was my birthday, lots of people in the room when she arrived, and she came up behind me in the doorway and slowly rubbed her hand very sensually (it felt sexy) up and down my back three times as she walked past me into the room. How would you interpret this hand gesture from her? This question relates to mature encounters when possibly it is not about wanting to court a person, but the attraction is still there, and there is more complexity in wanting to signal to someone you like that you fancy them. I have tried: We have flirted. She has been eager to socially engage with me sometimes. I think it was caused by: Quite simply there is an attraction which neither of us has pursued fully. But we enjoy entertaining the chemistry of attraction on occasions. That is my instinct.
If you have known her for a very long time, she may have just been rubbing your back like that as a way to say hello or as a comfort. Ask her to go to a movie with you or out to dinner. See if she wants more than friendship with you. Mostly, people of that age are more interested in companionship than something of a sexual manner.
I need to know what to say to a woman when hit with a surprise attack?
It would seem like a woman or two show up at unexpected times to certain locations and just sit and watch me from every position. From the front and the back. I never get to know what they look like in the face until (Boom!) because you never know. And then where do we go, because I know I've never seen these women before in this city, and then I also live at home with my parents. But the only time they show up is at a restaurant when people are eating. Which would be a screening mechanism because usually, people don't interact too well with each other when they are eating. I have tried: Nothing. On rare occasions I'll talk to random people, I don't know. And they'll say they're from a random place in Oklahoma, but I have no way of interacting with them at a table. So I don't know what to say to them. I think it was caused by: My reserved and laid back persona. My inability to communicate with people I don't know. I have no idea what caused this.
It sounds like you are just running into these women at the local restaurant and tourist locations. They have no interest in you, but you should offer to tell them about the city you live in. Just to be cordial and a gracious host of your country.
Why did my legs shake today when I told a girl I liked her?
My legs started to shake uncontrollably when I was telling this girl I liked her. It doesn't even come similar to any of the answers already there. I have tried: Just told her I liked her and my legs started to shake very badly. I think it was caused by: Not sure that's why I am asking you and see what answer that best explains why my legs shook so uncontrollably and hard
You were nervous and experienced an adrenaline rush when you told her that you liked her. It was a physical response to your emotions. Many people will have this experience at certain points in their life. It is where the phrase knees knocking out of fear comes from.
When I sit by her she instead get closer to me do she like me or not?
While in class gym relationship with her get closer to me. She like hanging out with me right than she talk to other boy but I'm around her but still hang out with me still I'm so nervous to ask her to be a girlfriend to me she like to go eating with me
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
What does this mean when a woman I'm interested in does this?
So this is like the second time she's done this but, this woman who I am already good friends with, did this kind of habitually, she put her hair into pigtails when she was in right in front of me, walked around like that for a bit, as if showing them off, I'm not sure what it meant. Putting her hair in pigtails, for a while, showing that off, then put her hair back after that. What did this mean. Oh, by the way, she regularly hugs me hello & goodbye every time at the place she works. Also, she has was doing this thing when she'd be doing something, when I caught her glance, she'd then poke her tongue out, like teasing, then smile. She did this a few times in the past. Can you give me some explanations for what I've described please? Thanks, Nick. Well, I'm basically describing different forms of body language that I didn't see in this article. I have tried: I have tried to research this but I honestly want a personal opinion. I think it was caused by: I think that this was caused by my becoming pretty close good friends, but I still need that extra explanation from a woman's perspective.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
I have a co-worker who I'm interested in and can't decode her?
So I am a married man (with 2 kids) and she has a relationship of about 8 years. More than this, I am her team lead. She is my colleague for the last 3 years, yet lately I got a crush on her. . She is a type of girl a bit more touchy than normal , so there is also a problem of accurately interpreting her gestures. . Given this we get along great, she is a bit more close (mentally) to me than with the rest of the people. Given that she is more touchy than normal some touches I tend to ignore but some seem a bit more than with others: . - where with some is just a touch to make a point with me is a short brush also or a more pronounced touch. - every time we walk side-by-side we constantly touch/bump into each other (which did not notice doing with other guys), . -.allmost every time she comes to my office she puts her body into mine, like resting it on my hand/arm/shoulder sometimes for a second, sometimes more. . - Recently we went into team building and at the end of the night at some outside tables (with other colleagues around) she first sat on the arm of my chair (and I constantly kept my hand briefly touching her leg) and after some short time she sat on the same chair as me, in my lap. I grabbed her over the shoulder and sat like that for more than an hour. She constantly rested her head on my chest. I did not do anything then because of the fact I am her team lead and other managers where around and it would have been inappropriate. . Also I am constantly looking at her legs where they are pointing (much of the time at least one to me). . Does this sound she has interest or not? We are both in strong relationships (I am married with children, she has a 8 year old relationship). Also I am her line manager since 3 months ago. I have tried: Teasing a lot - she playfully gets "angry" or "upset" every time. I am always trying to playfully "pick" on her for whatever reason. Also I am looking to touch her each time I can. I think it was caused by: The last team building when she was a bit closer ti me than usual.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Is this girl into me or am I misreading the signs?
So I'm in high school and this girl I'm talking to says she's not looking for anything but during class she will flick her hair at me, always poke me, gets mad when I talk to other girls, will hold her leg against mine when I'm next to her, tries to take my phone, but then she says that she likes me and she thinks I'm cute and knows I like her but tells me that she doesn't want to date. Is she testing me? I like this girl and she likes me but she tells me she doesn't want to date but it still seems like she's flirting with me. I have tried: I have tried flirting back and I have told her I might ask her out. I think it was caused by: I think she is testing me to see where I am and what I want.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.