Survive the First Day of College
Edited by Christine Cruz, Lynn, Graeme, Eng and 3 others
After high school, freshmen students usually have no knowledge about the life they will soon be entering. Starting anew is a nightmare to those who do not know the ways to go in their new environment. The first day is even worse, since one will be starting from scratch. Thus, in order to survive the first day of college, one must be equipped with the ins and outs, dos and don'ts, and yes's and no's of a college freshman.
First Day Blues, What to Do?
Get To Know Your College / University
- 1Make sure that before the official classes start, you are already familiar with the campus. After enrollment, do a walking tour around the campus and inside the buildings. Take note of the offices you will need to go, libraries, comfort rooms, canteen, locker room, and of course, your classrooms and laboratories.Visit Before You Start.
- 2Dora the Explorer cannot go to places without her on hand map. This is very vital for a freshman student. Usually, maps are provided together with the handbook or are available in places like registrar, student publication, information desks, and even the guard stations. With this helpful piece of printed material, nothing can go wrong unless you don't know how to read one.Get A Map!
- 3Two heads are better than one. This is especially true whenever you are in strange places. It is better to bring along someone whether a friend or a sibling in order to avoid awkward situations. It is best if that someone already knows his or her way around the campus.Tag-Along With A Friend.
- 4Colleges and universities often have their own websites on the internet. Research about it and take notes for future references. Ask someone who knows about the school thoroughly. these individuals can provide tips that are not included in maps and information leaflets.Investigate.
I'm lost! Oh no, what to do?
On the first day of college, one can easily point out the newcomers. They stand out so much that old students often pick on them. As a freshman student, you have to know the strategies to use in order to avoid awkward situations.
- 2Don't stand on one spot looking around like an idiot.
- Make sure you have extra money. It is important!
- Bring mints or candies to cool yourself down.
- Gear yourself up with music, but make sure you are only using one earpiece in order to hear your surroundings still.
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents that you need.
- Be not just on time, but be extra early.
Questions and Answers
How to stand out on the first day of university?
The first day at a university is often the most memorable thing about college. You'll get to meet new people and make new friends. Standing out on your first day can leave a good or bad impression, so make sure to be true to yourself and respect others. Here are some ways to stand out on the first day at university:
- 1Buy new stylish clothes.
- 2Fix your hair nicely.
- 3Be yourself.
- 4Choose the right make-up, suited for your skin tone.
- 5Be friendly.
- 6Be free-spirited.
- 7Be comfortable.
- 8Be confident.
Categories : Communications & Education
Recent edits by: Pia Marie Villamante, Robbi, Eng