Survive after a recent broken relationship
Edited by Clifford, Charmed, Ephraim, Doug Collins and 2 others
Many of us on one time or another suffered a broken relationship. Relationship that we once nurtured and cling upon. When this kind of relationship once broken and turns sour, many cannot cope up or have real difficulty getting back up and go on with their life. This is rather natural considering the time and effort we give not to mention the emotional investment that we have given on it. Here are some pointers that we could use to get through during this kind of crisis in our life.
- 1Get all those emotions out and be done with it - Cry, scream, mourn, that is the most natural thing to do after a break up. Hiding to the false pretense that we are OK will only aggravate the problem. It will only take the feelings we tried to hide longer to get rid of. The sooner you do this the sooner you can go on with your life.Advertisement
- 2Accept the fact that it is over - Dwindling on the idea that you could still work it out will only generate more pain on the long run especially if things don't go as you plan it. Get rid of the idea that you could still make it work.Advertisement
- 3Don't put the blame on yourself - When we face a broken relationship we tend to think that we are the one at fault. We tend to think that there is something wrong with us that make the relationship sour. Relationships are made by two persons, It is always the two of you who are responsible if the relationship work or not. Never solely blame yourself on what have happened.
- 4The importance of family - During this time in your life nobody can help and understand you more than your family i.e. Your parents. Depending on the level of openness you have with them, let them know what you are going through. They probably have been on your situation before and their advice is something you can really upon.
- 5The importance of friends - Friends, I mean real friends that would stand with you no matter what. As long as you know the friends that you can trust it would be good to discuss with them what you think and feel. Being that the ones that could understand you besides your family, they could put you in proper perspective on what is really happening to you.
- 6Get on with your life - After all the dust has settled down, don't let the feeling of bitterness or anger lingers with you all the time. Have plans on going out meeting other people and make new friends. Do activities that would take you mind away from the pain. You don't have to hurt more that you need to. Surely, the pain and all other emotions associated with the break up will not be gone all at once. But given time everything will heal and one day you will be ready again to love and trust somebody.
Deal With Your Emotions
When it comes to a break up it is important that you do not hide or run away from how you feel about the current situation. The best thing you can do is put your best foot forward in order to help you get through this process. Do not only think of everything that is great about the relationship but also everything else that has occurred in the relationship. Below are a number of things that you will need to consider when thinking about the relationship and your current situation.
- 1Think about everything that has happened in the relationship but do not over think about things as well. By thinking about everything in the relationship you will remember not only the good but the bad in order to find the silver lining in the situation.Advertisement
- 2Think about the reason that the relationship didn't work out whether it is your fault or your partners fault. Coming to terms with the reasoning will help you in order to fix the problem within yourself and also know what to avoid later in your future relationship.
- 3Do not look at the relationship as being perfect because no relationship is completely perfect as there are always problems in relationships no matter how big or small. If you only think about the good in the relationship it will tend to cause you to go into a depression in regards to missing the relationship.
- 4Look at the relationship as if it were meant to be ended in the future due to the issues that the both of you faced in the relationship. You cannot stop the inevitable, you can only prolong it so look at it as the relationship failing if not now but later.
- 5Do not second guess your decision for the break up especially if you committed the break up. If you second guess yourself you will in fact do your best to rekindle a broken relationship that obviously will not work out. Understand that the reason fir the break up is in fact real and can happen again if you rekindle the relationship either too soon or even at all in the future.
- 6Come to terms that the relationship decision to end was made and that it happened for a reason. By accepting that it all happened for a reason it will help you to better flow with the decision and understand that this is truly happening at this time.
- 7Get in a comfortable place in order for you to be able to stay to yourself so that you can help your current mood. While in your space you will be able to focus on things that are happy or positive while away from all the drama in life.
- 8Stay away from mobile devices and other forms of contact in order to separate yourself from your ex partner and also friends who will talk about the situation. By staying away from your friends and others who will talk about the situation you will have a clear focus on what you are trying to accomplish for the future rather than the past.
- 9Do not ignore important things that contribute to work or school if you have to receive information via mobile devices. When ignoring things around you be sure that you do not skip or ignore the important things that are occurring around you while using the excuse that you are just trying to block out negative people.
- 10Release your inner anger and let out all the feelings you have about the situation out rather than keeping the rage inside of you during this time. In order for you to be able to repair yourself you will need to let out your hate/anger about the person out of your body.
- 11Look at the relationship in hindsight as it has passed and its only forward from now on rather than holding on to the past situations. This will allow you to grow as a person into the next level of your life without any complications.
- 12Hang out with your friends and talk to them in order to get your mind off of your problems. Even though this is only a temporary solution for you will one day have to go back home alone embrace the time that you spend with your friends. If you continue to hang out with them over time your mind will stay on the good rather than the bad during your situation.
- 13Take time to write down how you feel about things in order for you to see and reflect on your past emotions. Writing them down is also a positive way to get out your feelings without hurting yourself or anyone else at the present time.
- 14Clean out all things that will remind you of your past relationship in order for you not to be reminded of your break up. Some people think its a good idea to keep the things as memories but in most cases it does not help out the process of getting over the previous person. If things are mutual as in gifts or certain things then you can choose to keep them in order for you to keep not what reminds you of them but what reminds you of yourself during your break up.
- 15Do things during your daily life in order for you to have something to work out during your break up process. Do things that make you happy and fills the void in your life in regards to the sadness that has came up because of the break up. New hobbies old hobbies or anything that interests you should in fact be something to throw yourself into at this time.
- 16Stay healthy in life in order to help you to feel better in your everyday life. Exercising will in fact help you in order to battle depression and other things that may be affecting you at this time in your life.
- 17Ensure that when you are thinking about your ex that you are thinking of the bad things that they have done rather than the good which can cause you to become depressed rather than feeling better in life.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Never go out immediately for a romantic date after a break up.
- Buy something nice for yourself. This would help you affirm to yourself that you are still important
- Read an inspirational book, this would lessen the pain and may give a better perspective for you.