Stop and Reverse Hair Loss with Amino Acids Using Arginine vs Cysteine vs Methionine ... and 2 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Inukshuk
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and as hair is made completely of protein, supplementation with the five amino acids that specifically nourish the hair follicles grow hair is recommended. You can also halt hair loss and regrow new hair by consuming more of the foods that are rich in Arginine, Cysteine, Methionine, Tyrosine and Taurine.
Method 1: Using Arginine
Arginine stops and reverses hair loss because:
- It supports the production of nitric oxide. which is crucial for the growth of hair growth because it dilates the hair follicles and improves the efficiency with which blood can bring nutrients to hair roots
- It boosts the immune system, making your scalp less vulnerable to infections like ringworm
- It lessens the effects of physical and emotional stress due to disease, emotional problems and aging
- 1 How to Add Arginine to Your Diet
- 2 How to Add Cysteine to Your Diet
- 3 How to Add Methionine to Your Diet
- 4 How to Add Tyrosine to Your Diet
- 5 How to Add Taurine to Your Diet
- 6 Tips and Tricks
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Comments
How to Add Arginine to Your Diet
Take Arginine in supplement form. Even though this is one of the amino acids that is created naturally in the body, levels drop drastically when the body is under severe physical or emotional stress. Levels also drop due to aging. Taking 2 grams a day in pill form with a glass of warm water is sufficient.
Method 2: Using Cysteine
Cysteine stops and reverses hair loss because:
- It acts synergistically with methionine to add more sulfur to hair cells, which improves the health of hair follicles and grows stronger, thicker hair
- It helps bring minerals that are essential for hair growth, such as iron in zinc, to the scalp so hair follicles are richly nourished
- It improves the efficiency of the vascular and circulatory systems, especially ones compromised by heart disease and insulin resistance, helping dilate the tiny vessels that feed nutrients to hair follicles
- It helps produce cysteine, another amino acid that strengthens existing hair shafts
How to Add Cysteine to Your Diet
Method 3: Using Methionine
Methionine stops and reverses hair loss because:
- It is a rich source of sulfur, which helps oils, fats and sebum from building up in the hair follicle and preventing hair growth.
- It blocks DHT, which is the active form of testosterone, and when your body produces too much of it, there is an accumulation of it on the scalp causing hair loss. It helps stop hair from turning grey and restores color
- It also helps the body build collagen, which keeps your skin and your scalp in a more youthful state
- It is a potent free radical that cleanses heavy metals and toxins from your body in general, thus promoting hair growth.
- It helps produce the neurotransmitter serotonin which improves your mod
How to Add Methionine to Your Diet
- 1Methionine is not made by the human body and must be consumed daily for best results, so taking supplements is one way to make sure you get enough every day. Do not exceed 1.5 mg of it a day in supplement form as you could damage your liver. A safe dose is 1 mg a day, taken every day taken with warm water in pill form.Take Methionine in supplement form.
Method 4: Using Tyrosine
Tyrosine stops and reverses hair loss because:
- It supports the healthy function of the metabolism and the thyroid gland, which when affected cause thinning hair and balding
- It supports the healthy function of the pituitary gland, also known as the master gland, that governs all hormonal action in the body
- It helps the body produce less stress hormones, such as cortisol, DHT and testosterone which causes hair loss
- It helps prevent insomnia, which occurs when levels are low and a lack of restful sleep causes hair loss
How to Add Tyrosine to Your Diet
- 1Although it is made by the human body, levels are dropped by emotional and physical stress and a lack of sleep. Take at least 2.5 mg a day for best results but no more than 5 grams in supplement formTake Tyrosine in supplement form.
Method 5: Using Taurine
Taurine stops and reverses hair loss because:
- It is a potent detoxifier that assists the kidneys and liver to dispose of toxins from the scalp, such as dead skin cells, excess sebum and accumulated DHT
- It supports the function of the cardiovascular system, making sure it works efficiently when it comes to bringing minerals that are essential for hair growth, such as calcium and magnesium to the scalp
- It helps the body utilize sulphur to help grow long, strong strands so that they don't break or become split ends
How to Add Taurine to Your Diet
- 1Although it is made by and stored in the human body, levels may be low due to stress and natural aging. Take 3 grams a day in pill form with warm water for best results.Take Tyrosine in supplement form.
- 2Made from various kelp and seaweeds on the ocean floor, sea algae is rich in taurine as well as all of the minerals needed to grow a healthy head of hair.Take ten drops of Blue-Green Sea Algae a day.
- 6Whether eaten as ground lamb in a meat loaf or broiled or baked, lamb is a generous source of Taurine as well as B vitamins and protein.Eat lamb as often as possible.
Tips and Tricks
- Brags Amino Acids is a seasoning that tastes like soya sauce that contains several of the Amino acids that halt and reverse hair loss including arginine, glycine, lysine, proline and tyrosine.
- You may see amino acids referred to with an L- prefix, which refers to the active form of the acid, but there is no difference if you buy either. For instance you can buy L-Arginine or Arginine and achieve the same results.
- Hair growth formulas that contain vitamins and minerals often contain at least one essential amino acids; reading hair growth supplement labels can help you choose a formula with the most amino acids in it
- High temperatures can destroy L-methonione content of foods, so eat them as raw as possible.
- If you start getting headaches after supplementing with Tyrosine, then reduce your dosage to 1 mg a day.
- If you are on heart medications, check with your doctor before taking supplemental taurine.
Questions and Answers
Can I safely take more than 1 amino acid supplement at a time, or restrict dosage to one or a couple?
Hi, I will be 50 next month and have started losing my hair about a year ago. I have been under a lot of stress, starting a new business, financial stress, inability to sleep, etc., and would like to try adding amino supplements. I'm wondering if it's suggested to only add one of the supplements at a time, or if they can be combined to take more than one. Thank you.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.