Stop and Reverse Hair Loss Naturally with Garden Flowers Using Calendula vs Hibiscus vs Rose Hips ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
Some of the best natural remedies for hair loss are growing in your flower garden or readily available at your local market in the herb section. Here are the best methods for using garden flowers and herbs to stop and reverse hair loss.
Method 1: Using Calendula
Calendula is the official name for the common marigold. Edible marigold buds are very easy to grow in your own garden and you can find the frozen buds or dried buds in some whole foods markets.
Calendula stops and reverses hair loss because:
- It increases collagen production, which helps keep hair follicles healthy and each strand of hair thick and pliant so it does not break
- It reduces the inflammation caused by metabolic disorders that cause hair loss
- It fights anti-bacterial and fungal infections that can cause balding
- It contains polysaccharides that are particularly helpful for HIV-related hair loss
How to Use Calendula Tea To Stop and Reverse Hair Loss
- 2It is best to use a vessel with a built in strainer.Fill a vessel with a lid, such as a teapot, with boiled water and had the buds.
How to Use Calendula As a Hair Mask
- 1Greek yogurt makes for a thicker hair mask that is less messy to use, but any plain yogurt will do.Add ¾ cup of Greek yogurt to a blender.
- 2Frozen calendula buds work well in this mixture, especially if you want to cool down itching or the redness on an inflamed scalp.Add a handful of fresh calendula (marigold) buds.
- 3Be sure to massage your scalp well and smooth the mixture through to the ends of the hair so you can reap the benefits of the essential oils in the calendula.Apply the mixture to your hair.
- 4The longest you can leave it on is overnight.Leave this mixture on your head at least 20 minutes.
- 5Make sure there is no plant debris hanging in your strands.Rinse the hair mask out of your hair well.
- 6If your hair feels conditioned then you can skip the conditioning part.Shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
Method 2: Using Hibiscus
Hibiscus flowers can be grown in your garden or you can buy food grade edible blossoms and teabags at your local market. You can make a tea from the petals or you can make a hair-restoring hair mask.
Hibiscus flowers stop and reverse hair loss because:
- They help regulate blood sugar and reduce scalp damage from metabolic disorders
- They have anti-inflammatory properties that help stop hair follicles from swelling shut due to hormonal imbalances and chronic diseases like HIV and Lupus
- They detoxify and clarify the scalp, allowing old cells clogging hair follicles to be shed so that new hair can grow
How to Make Hibiscus Tea and Hair Rinse
- 1Wash the product well before using the blossoms.Buy hibiscus blossoms or teabags from your local market.
- 2Let the tea brew for twenty minutes.Pour four cups of boiling water over a cup of hibiscus petals, or use the teabags as directed on the package.
- 4Store in a bottle in the fridge and use within four days. To use simply apply the tea as a rinse to your hair while showering to add shine and strength to hair.Use any leftover hibiscus tea as a hair rinse.
How to Make a Hibiscus Hair Mask
- 1Whirl the mixture together until well blended.Add fresh hibiscus petals to ¼ coconut oil in a blender.
- 2Leave it on for at least twenty minutes, but feel free to wrap your hair in a towel and leave it on overnight.Apply the mixture to dry hair.
- 3Shampoo and condition as usual. If your hair feels pliant and soft, you may not need to condition your hair after shampooing.Rinse your hair well.
Method 3: Using Rose Hips
Fresh whole raw rose hips are best used as a hair paste to help stimulate hair growth. They can be found in your garden and at specialty food markets.
Rose Hips stops and reverse hair loss because:
- They are one of the richest sources of bioavailable vitamin C on the planet, which helps heal the scalp, prevent infections of every kind and stimulate new hair growth
- The natural pectin in rosehips, when mashed, encourages the hair follicles to grow new hair
- The natural fruit acids in rose hips help clear clogged hair follicles of dead skin cells and keep them elastic and well nourished
How to Make a Rose Hips Hair Mask
- 1The idea is to soften them so that they can be mashed without heating them up so much that their Vitamin C content is destroyed.Simmer a big handful of rosehips in boiling water for two to three minutes.
Method 4: Using Thyme
Thyme is best used as a hair rinse. It is readily available everywhere as well as in your own gardens. You can use the flowers and every other part of the thyme plant to make a hair loss tea and hair rinse.
Thyme stops and reverses hair loss because:
- It contains the essential oil of Thymol, which kills all fungus and microbial activity that could be sabotaging hair growth
- It is a potent antiseptic with an astringent quality that helps clarify clogged hair follicles so that new hair can regrow
- It is rich in magnesium and selenium, which are minerals that are essential for healthy hair growth.
How to Make Thyme and Lemon Hair Rinse For Hair Loss
- 2It is not recommended that you use the dried herb as it is not as effective.Add a handful of fresh thyme flowers to a vessel filled with boiling water.
- 3You could also use grapefruit or lime juice if you wish.Add the juice of one organic lemon and let steep for 20 minutes.
- 4The mixture will keep in the refrigerator about four days.Pour the mixture into a bottle.
- 5It is not necessary to condition your hair after this, unless your hair is unmanageable. For the most part, it is best to leave this type of rinse in your hair.After washing your hair rinse your hair well with the thyme and lemon brew.
Tips and Tricks
- It is better to use the freshest edible you can find rather than the dried version whenever possible.
- Most herbal or floral teas used for consumption or rinses can be stored in the fridge for up to four days.
- Never store rosehips in a metal container, as the fruit acids in them will react with the metal and affect their quality